View Full Version : Problem with Abu 7000ce

Rob Rockcrawler
08-07-2004, 06:20 PM
I love my reel but its giving me some attitude lately. Sometimes after i cast the reel wont go into gear, the button stays down. i greased it and it helped for a bit. also it seems to get better after a little while, but its a pain to pull it out with a fingernail for the first half hour. any ideas on how to fix it?

riverrat2
08-07-2004, 06:40 PM
I dunno but I have the same problem with both of my 6500's. These reels are fussy. I havent been able to fix it yet it is part of my routine now.

Christian
08-07-2004, 08:12 PM
use some grease, not oil, grease. itll stay on longer.

if you are using grease and it still isnt workin, i dont know how to help ya.

mine work fine, except for the occasional sticky button, or worn paul.

Rob Rockcrawler
08-08-2004, 02:14 AM
i have greased it a few times and it seems to help for a bit. it was the penn reel grease, pretty thick stuff. i had to replace the pawl as well, my erroe not the reels, looks like a stop at M&D is in order.

softail
08-08-2004, 07:27 AM
On the pinion gear there is a little plastic coller, sometimes this part wears out, causeing the pinion gear to hang up.

Ron in Maine
08-08-2004, 03:43 PM
I keep some WD-40 on hand. Easy to carry and use, especially at night when you do not want the fishing to end. (Why is it your equipment always works like a champ when you are pulling in mung by the pound???) Not the best thing to use for a final fix, but easy to use when you start binding up... I mean the reel binding up, although I guess it might work in either case.

When you get home, clean it out and grease it up.