View Full Version : Salty needles ?

basschazerRP
08-08-2004, 09:18 AM
I purchased some of Salty's needles recently and I have a question. They don't feel has heavy in weight as the Super strike or Habs needles, would you say that Salty's needles are floaters or mid depth needles ?

Salty very nice workmanshop on your needles !

BigFish
08-08-2004, 10:09 AM
I would try putting them in saltwater and find out for yourself.:) If they float....they are floaters. If they suspend...then they are mid-depth or suspending needles.;)

Salty makes a sweet needlefish......mine work the top of the water column.....suspending more or less.:happy:

Karl F
08-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Salty makes 3 (I think) sizes, or weights of needles... what one do you have? The one ounce, and ounce and a half will float or suspend with the right retrieve, or lack of retrieve ;)
The two and a half ounce is more of a surf type sinking needle, fish it sloooowww and it will crawl, ripp it, it will come up.

bluefish
08-08-2004, 11:42 AM
pics pleeeese!! gotta see these!

BigFish
08-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Bluefish....you ain't never seen a Salty needlefish??? Go to his website at #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&.com....he is a sponsor of this site! Sweet needles!;)

basschazerRP
08-08-2004, 12:38 PM
I guess the only one who would know for sure is Salty.

Salty, can you tell me whether your stubby/1.5 oz. and 2.5 oz. needle are built to float/suspend or sink ?

Thanks

CAL
08-08-2004, 01:04 PM
the 2.5 oz are slow sinkers. I don't have any of the 1.5 oz

UserRemoved1
08-08-2004, 01:26 PM
1 oz are floaters and are pisser on top-catch when others can't....
1.5 oz are slooooooow sinkers/almost neutral buoyancy/slightly tail heavy
2.5 oz are slow sinkers/slightly tail heavy. work on top or dredge em up from the bottom. jerk you rod tip once in a while to pop them out on top or you can put a walking dog action on them also.