View Full Version : Needs to find places to fish in CT

panther75
08-30-2001, 07:47 PM
I am going on a fishiing trip this weekend with a couple of my buddies that are visting from down south.Does anyone have any good places that we could catch some fish.I am willing to go anywhere in Connecticut.

Thanks!

JohnR
08-30-2001, 09:34 PM
Welcome aboard Panther... Couple questions for you: Shore or Boat (kind & size) and what kind of gear will you and your friends have and how serious are you going to be? Also - do you want LARGE or many/smaller? I know it's a lot of questions but necessary to steer you in the right direction....

John

Patrick82
08-30-2001, 10:00 PM
John brings up a great point. CT offers a lot of different fishing situations. Given that, tell us a little more about the gear you have and what part of CT you want to fish and we'll give you some good places to start but you'll have to find your own honeyhole.

The Iceman 6
08-31-2001, 08:58 AM
Panther, all above me bring up good points. Since we are on a striper board I will make the assumption (yes I know what happens....?) that you have the proper gear. I would check out Pennfield Reef in Fairfield/Hammonaset State Park in Madison/West Haven Sand Bar obviously in WH/or Millstone Power Plan in Groton? Not sure on this one as I have only been a couple times in December/ Anyway, good luck,

Iceman

chris L
08-31-2001, 10:43 AM
dont forget the ct river in old lyme (DEP headquarters pier ) or the niantic area ( power plant and between the bridges and the beach area either side of the rt 156 bridge and in milford silver sands state park or cornfield point in old saybrook !

panther75
08-31-2001, 06:10 PM
I will be fishing from the shore during the daytime.I have 3, 8'ft saltwater rods, and two medium/heavy action freshwater rods that have 20 pound test on them.I just wanna catch some decent size fish.I was also wondering what bait should i use and how should i present it.I am willing to fish anywhere in CT but wanna find a good place between New Haven and Guilford.I am trying to get pretty serious about surf fishing.

Thank you all for replying!

panther75