View Full Version : Maine Fling on Sept 7th,8th, & 9th

Chunker of Death
08-30-2001, 10:08 PM
Hey everyone. Hope all is well with yahs. Sorry I'm getting this invite out so late. Just wanted everyone to know that they are invited to participate in the Maine Fling being held in Portland on Sept 7th,8th,and 9th. The fishing has been very good lately. I'm expecting it to get most excellent as we go into next week. There are early signs of the migration. Bait is dropping out of the rivers too. Want more info? Email me directly at 4peace@pivot.net or drop by the Maine/New Hampshire forum on SOL. Just ask for BillB. Now Salty: There WILL be fish around if I come down this Sept, yes? :D

JohnR
08-31-2001, 07:07 AM
C.O.D. How are ya? I wish I could make it but I think I'm dead meat for the next few weeks....

Things should be breaking loose at any time soon so I think the opportunities will be much better this time around... Stop by and say hello more often... Say hello to Ragfly as well...

Saltheart
08-31-2001, 08:21 AM
Hi Bill. Well the Sept 15 thing is for MASS. The RI tourney will be in October. I can garantee there will be fish around for bot but I can't garantee anybody will catch them.

You came down last year for our first Striped-bass gathering and I ask you honestly , have you ever seen more bass in one place before than we saw off the shore at east beach that afternoon. There were ten thousand bass all working the surface and devouring bait. Its not my fault that non of us can cast 500 yards to get to them. The good news is that I have been don the same spot before and the same number of fish were there and they were so close in they would get kicked up on the beach leaving some stranded til the next wave gave them a way to escape back to the water. The fish will be around. Will we be good enough and lucky enough to catch them....???

On the Maine Fling , I'm definitely not coming. If you read the weekend plans , you'll see that the last few weeks I've been pulling my house apart to replace windows and fix water damage. Its taking forever and I still need to put on at least 3 cats of paint before it gets too cold. I'm pretty well planted and doubt I'll be going anywhere more than about an hour away til well into November.

Oh well, that's life. Some work some play. Hope to see you at one of our tourneys or at the SOL RI Fling.