View Full Version : Aggressive Fishing!

MNIOCC
08-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Launched out of Chatam this past weekend at 4:27am. At 4:28 there were 10 boats behind me waiting to launch via the 2 minutute drill, meaning that if it takes more than 2 minutes to get your boat in someone was up your ass. I was glad to be in the water when some guy had no power and could not move for other people to launch. It reminded me of herring season and the madness of the local runs with 20 guys trying to get 10 herring.I had some tuna guy 4 feet behind me on the way out until I told him to back off. The pressure of a weekend launch can be as bad as work. I thought I was in a BASSMASTERS tournament. On the water there were a navy of boats with circus acts that would amaze even the most experienced of Captains. I managed to get away from the crowd and caught over 300 lbs. Guess I was due for a good day, but the pressure to get there reminds me of why I would much rather spend 5 hrs on the back beach in the dead of the night and get 150 lbs. Given my choice I'll take the surf and a little walking. The big fish kiss the beach in the fall, I can't wait.