View Full Version : low tide fishing

WLaMarr
08-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Just a general question, not looking for specific spots. If I am enetering the Boston Harbor (from the Charles) at close to or just after low tide; what should I be looking for in terms of fishing spots? Should I leave the harbor and head for deeper water immediately? Or are there structures I can target effectively in the harbor at low tide? Does anyone here prefer low tide fishing? Has anyone found any low tide hot spots (not asking where they are, just wondering if they exsist)? Thanks for any help you can give me on this. I almost exclusively fish high tide and the outgoing.

Fly Rod
08-15-2004, 10:34 AM
:) My fishing preference is the low to coming tide along the shore!!!

1st It gives me a look at the shore line and the rocky outcropings that I may hit with my prop!!!

2nd It shows the big rocks that will be covered by the high tide and fish may stock their prey from!!!

3rd I like to take the time at low tide to coming tide to sight fish the bass as they move from the deep to amongest the rocks to feed on crutaceans and fleas in the shallows!!!

4th My own opinion is that fish feed more ferociously on the low to coming tide!!!! And I love a coming tide at daybeark, seems the ocean comes alive with baits on the surface!!!!

That's my four cents worth!!! Enjoy the sport!!!;) :cool:

striprman
08-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Incomming tide brings the fish, outgoing tide takes the fish.