View Full Version : Friday the 13th:

The Iceman 6
08-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Drove in to S. County from NYC. Figured Hurricane Charlie. Friday the 13th? Charlie Town, RI. How do I not go? Get there around 10:30 some rouge waves, 10 man rotation. AND, get this some F'n moron put a lobster trap in the midde of the "rip" What is going on here? Got the normal Aug. cast of characters, the "newbies" catching the lobster trap on every drift, arrogant drunk guy telling us how good his pole was, some regulars (who eventually couldn't stand the pain and left) and me and 2 fishing buddies. Fiive stripers taken that night between me and my buddies between 33' and 40' respectively. Not getting to RI often, head to Weak. Proceed to catch a bunch of coctail blues at low tide. Left NYC @ 6:00 PM, home 9:00 AM. Woke up @ around 4 PM (the 14th) to the girls jumping on me. Not a bad ending, wish it were more like 6 though? Was a good Friday the 13th!
PS: By 11:30 PM it was beautiful out there, could see a million stars, go figure???

Ice

green meanie
08-15-2004, 12:10 PM
i remember you, you had the idiot friend that kept jumping into the surf and risking his life for a damn fish?

trust me you got lucky you didnt get caught up on the lobster pot there was no skill in evading the lobster pot at all just luck!

i also remember the drunken "MAYOR" of the rock yelling move left before you could even cast HAHA

i remember a 12 man rotation if i was right until "SUICIDE" your friend was getting thrown around in the SURF and then i seen people leave after that.

didnt that drunk tell you to throw those "babies back" why didnt you listen? :)

it was a good fishing night but a rough night to be there between the lobster pot and all the people and the SURF.

but let me say your no more an expert than the rest that where there! we where all throwing EELS you just casted in at the right time...you also hogged the front longer than the rest of us..i guess you where the rude one?

The Iceman 6
08-15-2004, 12:22 PM
GM -

I'm by no means an expert. Just sharing a good night of fishin'. AND was more upset about the lobster trap being there for us all (guess I got lucky not getting it), nothing more - nothing less. Friend was in no danger, full gear, korkers on, retrieved fish there tons of times.

HESH2
08-16-2004, 07:03 AM
I DON'T FISH ON THE BREACHWAY ROCKS CAUSE I CONSIDER IT TOO DANGEROUS IF YOU GET FISH ON.WHAT WHERE THE OTHER GUYS GOING TO DO IF THEY HOOKED UP CUT THERE LINE.I THINK THEY WERE GOING TO GO DOWN AND TAKE THEIR CHANCES WITH THE SURF.IF 12 GUYS WERE THERE AND 3 GUYS ARE THE ONLY GUYS HOOKING UP GIVE THEM SOME CREDIT,SOME IS LUCK,SOME IS BY ACCIDENT AND SOME IS THERE SKILL.SEE ALOT OF OTHER POSTS THAT WEEKEND GUYS WERE ON SANDBARS,NO FISH IS WORTH GOING OFF ROCKS INTO SURF NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU DO IT.

rwilhelm
08-16-2004, 07:16 AM
I will never fish C-town breachway on a Friday night in the summer again. I did that about a month ago what a nightmare. I did more watching people get their lines untangled then fishing. Some people have no clue how to do the drift and rotate.

RIJIMMY
08-16-2004, 08:12 AM
The bways stink. I caught a bunch of bass and blues Friday night to Sat morning and never spoke to anyone. There were a few guys around but we had plenty of room. I follow "rules" all week long, I don't want to deal with that when I fish. There are plenty of spots in which you can avoid the crowds and catch fish.
I''ll fish the bways in November