View Full Version : pt judith

CANAL RAT
08-15-2004, 10:32 AM
i want to fish point judith could i have some tips about the location plugs,bait,goodspots, anything????

thanks
:cool: :) :D

goosefish
08-15-2004, 10:57 AM
Fish the front at near low water with poppers and needles. Tide out front ebbs to the east and floods to the west. Rocky. Wear cleats.
Can fish the east side of the light at high water. Needles, dannys, bombers, eels. Rocky.
White water is the key for this area. Haven't done much there with calm seas. Bright moon with calm seas---don't bother.
Good in the fall. Great dawn and dusk spot.

CANAL RAT
08-15-2004, 03:59 PM
i have seen some Beautiful pictures of pt judith at moon rise what kind of rod and tackle would you recommend for fishing this spot
thanks
:)

goosefish
08-15-2004, 04:07 PM
I go heavy. 10' rods and a good reel. 20-30 pound mono main line with a good long leader. I use leaders that are about 8' long. Some guys fish lighter stuff. Why I don't know.
Pt Jude no matter what tackle you use is a great spot to lose a big fish.

Rob Rockcrawler
08-15-2004, 11:49 PM
there have been blues down there every night at sunset, just bout everywhere. i lost the biggest blue i have ever caught there on saturday around 8 oclock. it had to be atleast 15 pounds, i was fishing the rocks so it was real tough to land with the big surf. try anywhere around hazard ave if ya want blues, i havent got a single striper down there this year.

Peter Lajoie
08-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Has been pretty consistent all this year...Gonna hit it saturday night anyone wanna meet up and catch some fish. will bring eels.:)

CANAL RAT
08-16-2004, 08:13 AM
i would go but i have plans saturday