View Full Version : Weekapaug Breachway

hotshot78
08-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Fished the Weekapaug Breachway last night...loaded with peanut bunker. Slaughtered the Bluefish...no bass though.

ThrowingTimber
08-19-2004, 10:42 AM
Enjoy all the company you'll have next time you're there.:laughs: no naming spots unless you dont like elbow room.

Whats the first rule of spot club, there is no spot club!!!!!

kippy
08-19-2004, 05:32 PM
You didnt post what time of day, tide, rod and reel used, lures, casting distance?..:laughs:

Don't talk about Spot Club! :p

JohnR
08-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Hotshot - welcome to S-B - these guys are giving you a little ribbing but its based on experience. If I post that we nailed plenty of 30 & 40 pound bass yesterday at Beaverhead Cut on Jamestown, there will be 40 extra people over the next week...

BasicPatrick
08-19-2004, 09:55 PM
note to self---Beaverhead cut in Jamestown

JR is so right

got Spooks

bassmaster
08-19-2004, 10:00 PM
can I have directions

hotshot78
08-20-2004, 07:47 AM
After I posted it I knew I shouldn't have. I'm greenhorn and I admit it, but I'm finally becoming a bit more successful at fishing the surf. Each time I head out is a learning experience and so is posting messages on this sight. I promarily fish Wachusett Reservoir and Quabbin Reservoir from shore only, so I can appreciate how important it is to keep things under tabs. I assumed that this group is primarilt experienced fisherman who could benefit from the tip.

My apologies if I upset any Weekapaug regulars.

I know...I know...the first rule of Spot Club...

fishweewee
08-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Is it just me, or do more bluefish catch PEOPLE at Weekapaug? :hihi:

DaveS
08-20-2004, 09:59 AM
Weekapaug? Never heard of it.

Gotofish
08-20-2004, 10:08 AM
I don't know guys, I don't think the post is that bad. Weekapaug is no secret and it wasn't like he was catching decent bass. Anyone who says "I was at this sandbar a quarter mile down XYZ beach on the outgoing at 2:30 with a SW wind and hit 30lber after 30 lber on blue/white polaris's" should be crucified. I fished from PJ to Charlestown the other day and there were blues everywhere-hope I didn't give anything away!

JohnR
08-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Gotofish
I don't know guys, I don't think the post is that bad. Weekapaug is no secret and it wasn't like he was catching decent bass. Anyone who says "I was at this sandbar a quarter mile down XYZ beach on the outgoing at 2:30 with a SW wind and hit 30lber after 30 lber on blue/white polaris's" should be crucified. I fished from PJ to Charlestown the other day and there were blues everywhere-hope I didn't give anything away!

Ed - I agree. The problem is just the rush of people that sometimes shows when it gets posted onlin e. Get one or two sites posting the same stuff and it's like the floodgates open. He didn't really do anything wrong and it really is nice to be able share info - what these sites are for. But unfortunately, the internet (or the paper or a mag) can sometimes overrun a spot. Some spot info is shared between people in PMs and e-mails. Usually after one has developed a rapport with others...

ThrowingTimber
08-20-2004, 10:41 AM
hot shot,

No, hard feelings bubbah ok man. I owe ya a beer :D Its just that once the exact name gets posted, they all pick up t heir lil maps and books and flood the area ala S.W.A.T style. Posting in general terms, ie so/co RI, immediately anyone with half a clue will know what you're talking about based on whats been the trend, will chime in with any useful info. Sorry if I came across harsh or anything like that, :cheers:

John R can I be the spot nazi :D

Gotofish
08-20-2004, 10:46 AM
John, I know. Usually the breachways are pretty packed anyway though, especially during the "convenient" hours. Like everyone says, there's not too many people out in the MIDDLE of the night. One reason why I love fishing in the rain....

hotshot78
08-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Throwing Timber,

No hard feelings at all. I am very serious about my fishing as are a lot of other anglers on the site. I'm still leraning the lingo and procedure. It takes alot of research and preparation to find a tight spot. I assumed that this site was created to give serious anglers a heads up to what's goin on. But, you're right people visit the site for a quick fix.

I'd like the opportunity to fish with a veteran even at high traffic spot as Weekapaug. You can only read so much. The real experience is in the froth.

SmokeBringer
08-21-2004, 06:34 AM
Big difference in posting catches of Bluefish. I've been in the boat much over the last 2 weeks and also stopped in at Charlestown Breechway last night. I've never seen as many Bluefish in as many places (anybody remember more in the last 20 years?)

Also different posting shore-based locations. There are only a finite number of these and they can get packed in a hurry when someone makes a post about a particular spot. Boating is different - it's a very big ocean with lots of room to roam...

my 2 cents worth....

SmokeBringer
08-21-2004, 06:37 AM
Jamestown report for this week. No fish sighted or landed this week (confirmed report). Beavertail - dead. Conanicut Point - really dead.