View Full Version : Pt. Jude Lures' 'Angler of the Year'

Crafty Angler
08-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Yes, that's right, it's me at the top of the leader board....:tooth:

...with a 12# bass I got this AM during an all-bass blitz on the 2 oz. hammered spoon in between the bluefish frenzies that are all over the Island.

Alright, alright....it's not a wall-hanger but at least I'm on the board.

Money is a little tight since this is Joe's first year -

First place is a weekend in Fall River.....

Second place will be two weekends in Fall River* :rotf2:

As soon as sales go up, the Grand prize will improve - I'm gonna have to work at it to stay at the top, I think....:smokin:

*Disclaimer: The reference in regards to Fall River is entirely in jest and in no way constitutes a slight against my friends and colleagues in that fair city.

Skip N
08-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Hey man...dont be dissing the Riv!....Oh wait, it is fall river so i guess its ok.:D

Bliz
08-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Great job on the packaging design Chuck!

I immediately knew where it came from when I saw Joe's products!

I hope he does very well with it!

I'm sure he will!

Bliz
08-19-2004, 07:43 PM
In addition to all that, he is travelling with one of the finest individuals out there...

Mr Habs!...

I really think that John is one of the all time greats!

And there aren't many!

basswipe
08-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Its gonna be a LONG year.

cheferson
08-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Scenic fall river here i come.

Crafty Angler
08-20-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Bliz
Great job on the packaging design Chuck!

I immediately knew where it came from when I saw Joe's products!

I hope he does very well with it!

I'm sure he will!

Thanks, Don - but to tell ya the truth I was just the 'technical advisor' on that job.

The graphics were done by Mrs. Crafty and I thought she did an excellent job with Joe's packaging. The packages pop right off the wall among all the other stuff, very eye-catching. She also helped Tattoo with his packaging, too, with the opaqued 1921 image of the surfcaster behind his plugs.

I gotta give credit where credit is due....

Or else! :smash::smash: :smash:

bloocrab
08-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Go easy on us Fall River folk - :mad:

Crafty Angler
08-20-2004, 09:01 PM
:hidin:

Crafty Angler
08-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Hey, both me and Joe are half Pork-a-cheese, hence the FR reference -

Hell, I know FR as well as I know Newport - I spent many days of my yout' in the Spindle City -

Didn't get a chance to try to keep myself on top of the leader board with another bass today - but there's always the weekend...:tooth:

Hey, I gotta talk to Joe to see what the real 'Angler of the Year"' is worth - not like I'd mind an all expenses paid trip to the City of Hills, Mills and Pork-Pies - but after they closed the Uke, it just ain't been the same for me and Mrs. Crafty.

cheferson
08-20-2004, 09:57 PM
The Uke home was the shiznit. Used to stop there after visiting a friend in the Riv. What were the draught beers there $.95
???

Crafty Angler
08-20-2004, 10:04 PM
A very well known Austrian chef from Newport who is a good friend of ours also loved the Uke - and he was widely considered one of the very best ever to work in Newport.

THe old Uke always got high praise for good comfort food, reasonable prices and a friendly staff - it's sure tough to find that combo here on the Island.

I oughta know - I was in the business off and on - and mostly on -for 30 years. :eek5:

cheferson
08-21-2004, 03:03 AM
I miss the cabbage soup, perogis and galumpkis(sp.)!!!!

Crafty Angler
08-21-2004, 05:47 AM
:(

basswipe
08-21-2004, 10:47 AM
You guys are making me hungry!!!

My girl is 100%.She can cook its just too bad she can't cook anything Portuguese.

We're going out to dinner tonight.We'll have to head into the city or maybe Barcello's in Tiverton.And then maybe I'll take her fishing if ain't to muggy.

bloocrab
08-21-2004, 10:52 AM
Barcello's

mmmmmmmmmmm :D....always plenty of seating. One of the best Mozambique recipes around....and the STUFFING :eek: ...I won't even mention that. - - - - I don't think I could fish after a night @ Barcello's.

basswipe
08-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by bloocrab
I don't think I could fish after a night @ Barcello's.

It might be tough.Especially after a big pile of pork'n littlenecks.