View Full Version : Is This A Good World With Some Bad In It Or A Bad World With Some Good In It???

BigFish
08-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Man, some days I just don't know if the world we live in is for the most part a great place to live save for some bad stuff or is it a cesspool where I have to skim some good stuff off the top just to make it all worthwhile!:rolleyes: All the while I worry about what the future holds for our children!:doh:

This is a question I ask myself daily as I read the newspaper or watch the news! So don't pay it too much mind!;)

Bliz
08-20-2004, 04:05 PM
There's still lots of great news Bigfish, but it don't make for good press if you know what I mean ;)

Rappin Mikey
08-20-2004, 04:13 PM
Mostly good people with many bad influences corrupting them. I mean I look at the kids in my school. They all think they are gangstas, ya know. Some of them barely come to school, and when they do come you might swear they just show up to cause hell. What amazes me is that even the most thugged out kid gets excited when they get a good report card, and transversely you can really see that a kid gets upset when they get a horrible report card or even a suspension. This display of emmotion is proof to me that somewhere inside these kids they still want to do well. Otherwise they wouldn't get so upset when they are not successful. This little glimmer of light, as small as it may be, gives me hope that the kids can still be reached. That's what brings me to work everyday. The truth is people do sucky things because they are suffering from some internal struggle that arose from some kind of negative experience in the past. Feel pitty not anger oh Bigness of the Fish, and most importantly, never give up hope!

chris L
08-20-2004, 04:14 PM
well I find when Im in the woods away from most people its a great place , but once Im in civilization it goes down hill quick .
Ill know more when I go to Alaska

fishweewee
08-20-2004, 04:19 PM
If all that you see is what's printed/broadcasted in the media, you'd get the sense this is a miserable little planet we live on.

Why doesn't the media publish any good news?

Because it doesn't sell.

Cheer up BigFish - there's more to life than what's in the headlines.

BigFish
08-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Don't worry about me guys...I am fine.;) It just seems as though mankind/humanity....call it what you want, is on a steady slide into the toilet! Humans can't seem to get out of their own way!

I just try to stay in my own, happy little corner of the planet and enjoy what I have.:happy:

Nebe
08-20-2004, 05:08 PM
vote democrat:laughs:

sorry couldnt help myself..(agian) :hihi:

afterhours
08-20-2004, 05:12 PM
oh yeah! the dems will save mankind :rolleyes:

afterhours
08-20-2004, 05:18 PM
i've heard that if you look deep enough you'll find good in everyone, i'm not so sure of that.

Skip N
vote democrat
:yak6:

W04 :D

28inches
I don't think people have changed...it's just that there is so much media now. It's the same percentage of good vs. bad, you just are pounded with the bad 24/7. Of course there are new and more advanced ways for the bad guys to do evil things, but there have been mass murderers, child abusers, thugs and commercial fishermen since the beginning of time. Take some time away from the media (internet included) and spend that time with friends or family, learning something or doing anything you find enjoyable.
Cheer up,BF...IF you guys get in as a wild card, anything's possible. Don't do anything rash. :behead:

Skip N
08-20-2004, 05:20 PM
i've heard that if you look deep enough you'll find good in everyone, i'm not so sure of that.

Yep, I dont think them Al-qeda folks have much good inside them. Damn murdering thugs:af:

BasicPatrick
08-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Big fish....

Pleeeaaassseeee get some therapy:rolleyes:

Bliz
08-21-2004, 12:33 AM
If he continues down this path, it won't be long Patrick, before we see him giving away flowers at the airport!

"uffah!!"
08-21-2004, 03:58 AM
YOU MEAN, VOTE DUMMYCRAT,DUMMYCRAT,DUMMYCRAT!!!!!!!

S-Journey
08-21-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by 28inches
Of course there are new and more advanced ways for the bad guys to do evil things, but there have been mass murderers, child abusers, thugs and commercial fishermen since the beginning of time.

28, I think that's way out of line lumping commercial fisherman in with mass murderers and child abusers.

Way out of line.....

28inches
08-21-2004, 05:20 AM
You think the mass murderers will get mad?

LIGHTEN UP. It's a joke. :hs: :doh:

BigFish
08-21-2004, 08:06 AM
Look out, its the sensitvo' police!:smash: Come on Rich, lighten up will ya for cryin' out loud! This is supposed to be fun and light hearted! Man, and these people thought I was bad......you get your panties in a bunch anytime someone lays down an innocent joke about fishing, fisherman or anything fishing related! Like they are insulting you personally! Ease up on those bow lines before you tear off a cleat!:rolleyes:

beachwalker
08-21-2004, 08:33 AM
here goes another day in a scarey world :eek: :eek:

im so scared to go out the door :eek: :eek:

:laughs:

BigFish
08-21-2004, 09:16 AM
My point is simply how much human swill walks this earth!!! Women selling their 9 year old daughter for sexual favors in exchange for crack......stuff like that just really affects me! Its just so damn sad when I read about children in situations just like that one and how much better their life "should" have been if only their piece of s$%t parents had the intestinal fortitude to put the health, happiness, welfare and life of their own children ahead of all else!:af: So it gets to me when I hear about those things and makes me think too much!;)

I guess what would really make me happy is if they made sterilazation mandatory for pieces of crap like that woman!:af:

S-Journey
08-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
Look out, its the sensitvo' police!:smash: Come on Rich, lighten up will ya for cryin' out loud! This is supposed to be fun and light hearted! Man, and these people thought I was bad......you get your panties in a bunch anytime someone lays down an innocent joke about fishing, fisherman or anything fishing related! Like they are insulting you personally! Ease up on those bow lines before you tear off a cleat!:rolleyes:

I guess I just take my fishing a lot more seriously than other people.

The Dad Fisherman
08-23-2004, 11:57 AM
That happened in the next town over from where I work, Very sad story that made a lot of us sick. We took up a huge collection here at work for that little girl and gave her over $500 in gift certifacates for Clothing and Toys.

That right there should show you that there is a lot of good out there its just that you never hear about it. she has received over 10k in contributions to help her out from a LOT of GOOD people.

The awful crime makes the front page but the goodness that came from it gets buried in the region section somewhere.

There's Plenty of good in the world, for every tragedy that affects the few there is usually an outpouring of good from a hell of a lot more.

Don't give up :D

Originally posted by BigFish
My point is simply how much human swill walks this earth!!! Women selling their 9 year old daughter for sexual favors in exchange for crack......stuff like that just really affects me! Its just so damn sad when I read about children in situations just like that one and how much better their life "should" have been if only their piece of s$%t parents had the intestinal fortitude to put the health, happiness, welfare and life of their own children ahead of all else!:af: So it gets to me when I hear about those things and makes me think too much!;)

I guess what would really make me happy is if they made sterilazation mandatory for pieces of crap like that woman!:af:

chris L
08-23-2004, 12:23 PM
the mayor of waterbury Ct got busted for paying a crack addict for the use of her 2 daughters on multiple occations . right now he is Bubba's play thing !

Krispy
08-23-2004, 12:37 PM
This will be my last post....
c-ya :rolleyes:

BigFish
08-23-2004, 02:49 PM
:huh: I never catch any fish!;)

justplugit
08-24-2004, 07:38 PM
If everyone would just take care of their own kids,be responsible for their welfare,teach them values,discipline their actions and set a good example we would see more of the goodness in the world.:hf1: