View Full Version : Wind! Wind! Wind!

Hooper
08-21-2004, 05:55 AM
Nantucket Sound-Vineyard Sound-Buzzards Bay-Rhode Island Sound-
Block Island Sound-
500 AM EDT Sat Aug 21 2004
Small craft advisory

Today: S Wind 10 to 15 kt, becoming SW 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt late this morning and afternoon. Seas 4 to 6 Ft. areas of fog. A chance of showers and tstms this morning. showers and tstms this afternoon. Vsby 1 NM or less.

Another windy day here on the Cape! Is it my imagination or has there been more wind this summer than usual???

This season, I feel like I have had a lot of crappy rides home from offshore and a lot of days when my wife says "Oh no, we're not leaving the river today!" and I can't blame her really. When it's rough as hell out there, it sure ain't much fun is it?!

Guess those wind farmers know what the hell they're doing!

-Hooper

BigBo
08-21-2004, 07:04 AM
Sure wasn't a whole lot of fun out there yesterday. Pea Soup fog with a stiff wind at 6 AM. Took a beating but still managed some nice Fluke (10.6 lbs)
I was saying the same thing to my buddy on the way out about the wind this year.:mad:

missing link
08-21-2004, 12:18 PM
this sundays gonna be nice out there.... :)

-see you out there

"uffah!!"
08-21-2004, 12:28 PM
To hell with them all! PUT OUTRIGGERS ON THE BOAT and go out anyway!!!!!

Vectorfisher
08-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Uffah thats exactly what I have been saying, Screwit I am going!! This morning fished Buzzards Bay for a couple hours decided to go to Cape Cod Bay went out to the fingers and did some trolling then headed back over to Buzzards Bay and fished somemore! Granted I was rolling around in 6' ers but I didnt have to contend with boat traffic and certaintly didnt have to worry about anyone in my spots.

Fly Rod
08-21-2004, 05:26 PM
:) Started out calm here till noon time!!

And sure enough, once we left the harbor with a charter, the seas began to build!! and build!!! from 1.5' to a 4-5' chop and it became very windy!!! We fished 2hrs. before one fella was over come with sea sickness,another almost goes overboard while relieving himself and that's when i called the trip off and headed in to port!!!

In that time we caught a dozen or so fish that went back into the water !!! They took home two nice stripers with one fish 42'' and weighing 22 lbs. at the dock!!! ;) :cool: