View Full Version : Wow

bart
08-22-2004, 07:31 AM
I think a mini tornado might've blow through my woods yesterday. i live on the franklin/wrentham border and for about 300 yards along my side of the street it looks like a hurricane or something blew through the area. trees are uprooted in peoples yards, trees are going through car windows. really looks like the aftermath of a major storm, like somethin you see down in florida. it started about 5 houses down and died as it got to my yard, still broke a big tree in half in my backyard and blew my deck furniture off the deck. i'm not much of a religious type person, but i've been thanking god that we didn't have it as bad as some of my neighbors. trees are just littered everywhere on this 5 house stretch. the weird thing is that i don't think ayone knows about it. i haven't heard anything on the news, even though i think i saw a news van drive by my house. really weird, never experienced nature's fury like that before.

i'm off to help my neighbors clean-up, they've been chain-sawing the trees since it happened yesterday......

STEVE IN MASS
08-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Yesterday morning, or afternoon?

Yesterday morning, I was out about 10 AM at Ward's Berry Farm, which is 2 1/2 miles north of me in Sharon. It frigging POURED like I had never seen before for about 15-20 minutes....probably 3" of rain in that time, and the wind was quite kicked up as well.

Funny thing is I got home (Foxboro) a bit later, and while it rained here, we only got about a quarter inch (have a rain gauge), and there were dry spots under the trees, so I KNOW we didn't get the deluge I saw up the road.....this is only 2 1/2 miles away.

I also saw the rain yesterday afternoon and the line of storms on the radar that looked quite serious, but they petered out by the time they got here, and it was just some decent rain for about 2 hours between 4:30 and 6:30.......

bart
08-22-2004, 08:51 AM
the winds picked up a little before 4 PM and we lost our power shortly after. wind was really howling, shoulda seen the trees blowing back and forth. only lasted for about 15 min. i just went over my neighbors to see if they needed help, but no one was home. i feel bad for them, their deck collasped and they have a huge tree leaning against their house. trees all over their yard. i talked to some people who live around here and they all said the same thing, it was like a hurricane came through. really friggin weird.

STEVE IN MASS
08-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Gotcha.....must have been the line of storms I saw on the radar....fortunately for me here in Foxboro, as I said, they petered out to nothing but rain by the time they got here...

Sorry to hear your area got hit so hard.......

bart
08-22-2004, 09:18 AM
yeah i we got lucky. just feel bad for the people 3 houses down. :( :confused:

Bill L
08-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Bart, I did see that on the news last night after that front of storms tore through. They reported a wind "microburst" in Wrentham, said its like a small tornado.

bart
08-22-2004, 09:47 AM
yeah i just heard from a few people that said they saw the same thing on the news. crazy chit

striprman
08-22-2004, 10:58 AM
My dad and mom live in Foxboro, near the Sharon town line. My dads house got water in the basement, came through the cellar window. First time in 55 years.

STEVE IN MASS
08-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Sounds like we are almost neighbors.....I'm on the south end of Oak Street.......

t.orlando
08-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Juyst heavy rain and wind near me, you know where. Sorry to hear about your neighbors. Did not even lose power or anything.

bart
08-22-2004, 07:30 PM
yeah its crazy, only in patches around here. my neighbor said there was a 45 foot wide area that went back into the wood where the trees were all leaned over to one side, almost like a crop circle.

Tony-after tomorrow i got the week off if you want hit some spots...