View Full Version : What a great weekend!!! or.. outfished by the wife and proud.

BrianS
08-22-2004, 11:03 PM
Yesterday, we drove all the way down to woods hole only to find the conditions to less than our liking to launch... So we headed back closer... Went to a tried an true spot, and hit the jackpot of sharks... Heck, in one hour we nailed at LEAST 30 of them between 3 of us...

So we moved again, about 5 miles away. This time we hit the jackpot, stripers galore.. all 20" or so.. We nailed about 40 of them over 2 hours.. It was a blast...

So tonight, we decide to head back to where the stripers were....I thought I would bring my wife so she could have a blast with them... They were gone from where we were catching them so we moved out a bit... We searched a bit and just before slack, we found them.. Water was BOILING with them, only they were MUCH bigger.. Average fish was 25 inches.. I hit a 29" quickly... and I am VERY happy to say that my wife did well with a mid-action freshwater pole and brought in a 27".... A few minutes later she was on again, and I am even happier to say she caught her first keeper, a 31" beauty and I am SO proud of her... It took her awhile, and I thought the pole was gonna snap... but she did it!

All in all we nailed another 40 fish tonight.... I dont care if the fish are small, a weekend like this you dont get very often...

I also caught a shad tonight on a storm shad.... It was, weird...

http://eatthekitty.com/shad.jpg

Shan reeling in the monster.... :)

http://eatthekitty.com/shanreel.jpg

Her first keeper!

http://eatthekitty.com/shankeeper.jpg

DaveS
08-23-2004, 06:55 AM
Most excellent. The key is that she fun, it will help her understand your wanting to go so much.

Rappin Mikey
08-23-2004, 07:04 AM
Nice pictures. Did you try live lining that shad? My father got two shads this year on soft plastic. An American and a Gizzard. Wierd.

BrianS
08-23-2004, 07:28 AM
No... I didnt try livelining it and I am kicking myself for it now...

Where we anchored when catching the fish, was right on the edge of some deep water.. Would of been nice... but at the time, we were just zipping around the shallows hitting rockpiles so we didnt think we would need it...

ahhh well....

and your right, she is having ALOT of fun this year... she finally is beginning to understand.... :)

Slingah
08-23-2004, 06:06 PM
cool:cool:
that's what it's all about
f-u-n

bassmaster
08-23-2004, 07:24 PM
Way cool

cheferson
08-23-2004, 07:31 PM
Nice bro

Roseneath
08-23-2004, 07:34 PM
You gotta love a woman that will spend a night (out on the water) fishing.

kippy
08-23-2004, 08:00 PM
way to go bj..a woman who likes to fish..thats a keepah!

:btu:

Surely Bassey
08-23-2004, 08:12 PM
It's a beautiful ding'

macojoe
08-23-2004, 08:20 PM
Good for you guys!!!

Personaly when my wife wants to go fishing I pick a 15 to 20 NW and hit wings neck!!
1 The water will be slam the boat

2 She won't catch a thing

3 She will want the trip to be a short one

4 Weres the bathroom?? right in front of you!! Thats a bucket, Yep you found it!!

4 she never wants to go again!!

And thats my goal!! :laughs:

BrianS
08-23-2004, 08:24 PM
Well,

The bathroom part she didnt like
She did want the trip to be short too...

She wanted to leave about 9:30pm..... The fish were erupting from 9-10... I kept getting nervous that she was gonna freak out... but she forgot about the time and everything...

Ahh the magic of the stripah!!!

:)

Roseneath
08-23-2004, 09:12 PM
a hipnotis and houdini all in one fish.., one minue your under its spell, the next, its snapped you off with 30 yards of wet line drfiting in the current.

Such is a worthy adversary:smash:

wfmdfm
08-25-2004, 03:38 PM
Where are you fishing? Or is that not for us to know?