View Full Version : Cape Ann to Isles of Shoals Tuna

Fish On
08-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Definately heading out from up north this weekend stating tomorrow. I'll be fishing all three days, some inshore some offshore. It's been a while since I've been up that way. Soea anyone knopw if there are still any footbals around?

Striper1
08-27-2004, 03:57 AM
Fish,

I have been off from work all week:)

I went offshore wed. trolling/chunking/live herring...
not a tuna in site.

We had one BIG shark come right up to the boat
guys that know me know I'm a big boy, That shark made my Knees feel like rubber:rolleyes:

From folks I talked to and radio traffic inshore is better now
B-bouy to Minots

Frank.

Fly Rod
08-27-2004, 06:57 AM
:) Had a 1/2dozen footballs off of Tllies Bank thursday but they didn't hang around!!!

Also talked to a fella last nite that was out all day looking for them and didn't see anything!!!! ;) :cool:

Redliner
08-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Fish on, if you are trailering head south, the Cape! The Tuna fishing is slow up here, but I did hear of 2 yesterday 150, 60 lbs. The water south of thatchers Island today was 53 degrees!!! Head out deep to the Cove or Curl where theres no dogs, warmer water, and some hope, if its too windy try outside the MR or IOS. Good Luck!! B :wave: :wave:

Mr. Sandman
08-28-2004, 08:17 PM
I was 20 mi so of MV on Fri....saw plenty of fish and bait...but they would not take a thing and I tried a lot of stuff. I did hear the "bite was on" a bit more to the southwest (about another 10 mi) but I was on my way back in by then.

I know of a guy killing them at the canyon....(goes on a regular basis)