View Full Version : "A" hole on the beach (tourists)

Mr. Sandman
08-28-2004, 04:30 PM
On the beach with my kids, we are snorkling around and I come across a bunch of things I want to show them (different clams crabs, small fish. ect) , one of which was a hermit crab in a old shell. I take the crab out of its shell to show them the crab itself and how he lives and after a few min's of my kids looking at it and touching it he put it back in the water.

A few minutes later some jerk comes up up to me and says "Hey!, I saw the way you were killing those animals and I disagree...you should teach your kids better"

My wife looks up and says to the fellow as he is walking away...its really not a big deal, the crab will find a new home in matter of minutes in a new shell" , then I say, You have no idea what you are talking about dude, It's ONLY A HERMIT CRAB and we didn't even kill it":rolleyes:

tourists...only one more week!:D

C-5 CC
08-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Probably some PETA nut-case!!

Nebe
08-28-2004, 05:26 PM
YOU MURDERER!!!!!!

I'm calling PETA:call:

MAC
08-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Sandman, you are too nice.... I might have had trouble restraining myself. tree huggers:smash:

Backbeach Jake
08-28-2004, 06:43 PM
When some goob decides to be hall monitor around me on the sand they usually get a free ticket to swearing 101. It's a reflex.

Mr. Sandman
08-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Newell Guy
Sandman, you are too nice.... I might have had trouble restraining myself. tree huggers:smash:

I had to restrain myself...my inlaws were with me.:rolleyes:

Skip N
08-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Def a PETA freek! Man i was someone said that to me so I could get into a good shouting match!:D Dont they have better Sh@% to worry about than a crab?:rolleyes:

mrmacey
08-29-2004, 01:56 AM
Limo running guy on a bike comes up and says your cars running I said yea thats allright hes starts no its not allright the air is dirty enough now Im going on 17 hours no sleep I opened that door get outa here now little to say when he seen my size or got a hold of my attitude towards him he peddled his scrouny @$$ away quick like.:laughs:

Backbeach Jake
08-29-2004, 06:29 AM
:p Sometimes they just pee!

chris L
08-29-2004, 06:39 AM
I guess people havent learned yet that walking up to someone that you dont know and trying to PUSH your ideals on them . could be very dangerous to their lives !

someone asked me to put out my cigarette at an outdoor concert . I told him if he didnt mind his own freaking business Id put it out in his freaking eye . he said the smoke was unhealthy I told him so was breaking my freaking stones ! He left mumbling something about cops .:confused:

marky1
08-29-2004, 06:50 AM
You gotta be kidding...out of all the people on the beach,he finds you with your kids just doing a nature thing,he has nothing better to do! If that ever happened to me ,I would drop good sized crab into his bathing suit ! :laughs: :happy:

beachwalker
08-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Sandy,

jeez, i bet that was a trying moment indeed.

you know i've got the same troop of idiots visiting this beach and you gotta wonder (so often I am going nuts this summer) how these dorks have managed to survive this long. Let alone know- by -now that someone might knock my jaw off "AGAIN" if i don't shut up.

unbelievable.

albee showed up on the east end the other day :D

it's a favorite hang out this time of the year. Nice afternoon breeze. shallow, sandy water, the occasional kook patrolling his assumed domain:af: and some sweet sunsets.

9 more days sandman :D you know what happens next, don't cha :rolleyes:

Mr. Sandman
08-29-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by beachwalker
Sandy,

jeez, i bet that was a trying moment indeed.

It was indeed!

albee showed up on the east end the other day :D

Really!?! That is great to hear. I may run over to bonito bar and see whats cookin someday...

9 more days sandman :D you know what happens next, don't cha :rolleyes:

yeah baby!:D

Nebe
08-29-2004, 09:17 AM
When i was a kid we'd get hermit crabs and sandwich thier shells between two rocks... then we'd take a cigarrete lighter and warm up the shell (the rocks were so we woudnt burn ourselves) As soon as that hermit crab knew it was getting hot in his shell, it would rocket out of the shell about 3 inches in the air.... One of the funniest memories of my childhood... that and shooting bull frogs 1000 yards into a pond with a waterballoon slingshot, but I digress...:rolleyes:

ah the things i cant wait to teach my kid:D

I think i'll go build a potatoe cannon now :rocketem:

beachwalker
08-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
Really!?! That is great to hear. I may run over to bonito bar and see whats cookin someday...

hey wait a minute ..............:smash: :smash:

oh,you mean the bluefush bar ? :rolleyes: :hihi:

bassmaster
08-29-2004, 10:53 AM
bonito bar
wish I had my boat:( still
I miss mv also
but only from a boat:D

Jim O
08-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Why is it called tourist season if you can't shoot them?:rocketem: