View Full Version : Countdown has begun

Got Stripers
09-10-2001, 09:16 AM
Now if I can only get all the business stuff cleaned up, I'm out of here on Friday for 5 days in the wilds of Maine. I can't tell you how ready I am for this. Since my Dad's stroke during his quad bypass, I haven't been able to depend on him to cover the office (his old business), so no vacations in 2 years.

I hope everyone had a good weekend, safe one too as I guess the surf's up. I missed out fishing with the clamdigger, but I just wasn't up to it, maybe when I get back. I'd love to get out one more morning before leaving for Maine, but I'm not sure I can free up the time. As long as I can get the boat close enough to cast to my ledges, the big swells can really get the fish feeding on the rocks. Sometimes though, like that last offshore storm, you could hardly get close enough and it was downright dangerous.

FW/BC have a good time on the Vineyard and if I'm lucky (reads not too much business/family stuff piled up) when I get back, I can sneak down there for a day or two. I'm not sure how that's going to work, especially with me leaving my wife with 3 boys, 4 dogs and 11 puppies for 5 days. GET IN THE DOGHOUSE NOW, might be the first words I hear on my return. I'm not holding my breath on getting a pass to play so soon:( . Time will tell, but I'd love to join you guys. I hope Erin pushes in some bait, warm water and your beloved Albies.

Tight lines.

JohnR
09-10-2001, 10:52 AM
Good Luck on your min vacation GS... But don't you have about 85 mini-vacations every year when you fire yourself in the morning to go fishing and then rehire yourself in the afternoon? I wish I had a boss that fickle

Got Stripers
09-10-2001, 04:31 PM
Yeah ;) I do have that ability if business permits and the weather looks promissing. That's one of the pro's when you work for yourself and I've learned that one of the con's is that I just can't take a week or two off and go anywhere. There are times, like right now, I really...really could use a couple weeks.