View Full Version : Front Bumper Rod Holders

Swimmer
08-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Help........I am trying to come up with a decent plastic front bumper rod racks. The ones I saw at Cabelas look basically like they belong mounted on a boat. I am curious if these same rod racks are adapted to front bumpers somhow. I know I should do aluminum racks but I need other things first. I am trying to do this errand before the Vineyard trip. Thanks for any help.

Karl F
08-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Length of pvc (hardware store), cut to size you want, tail pipe clamp (auto parts store, or hardware store) to bumper, works fine.

chris L
08-30-2004, 12:08 PM
what karl said .

CANAL RAT
08-30-2004, 01:09 PM
they have some good ones from www.thesurfcaster.com

Karl F
08-30-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm guilty, I have the aluminum (Aluminum Angler Products) ones on my truck, fathers day present 3 years ago from kids, but if I didn't, it would be pvc and clamps, function before looks, fa me.

Flaptail----> loved your comments in your article this month, regarding rod holders and cooler racks, couldn't agree more, even though I'm guilty, by the goodness of my kids hearts ;)

jkswimmer
08-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Use 1 1/2 PVC pipe ,pipe clamps and plywood . drill through the plywood for hook bolts to be placed on bumper, top and bottom.

tattoobob
08-31-2004, 07:41 PM
i bought the cabelas ones and i put them on my truck
i just got some of that foam insulation tape and some big wire ties and it worked out great

bob

bassmaster
08-31-2004, 09:57 PM
make Ya own like in My avitar
For Gods Sake Karl give the man a beer:laughs:

Karl F
08-31-2004, 10:00 PM
I buy him and U a beer AFTER Slip gets the bomber... hey, I'll buy Taggage one too, after he gets his bomber!
No beer for me, but I'll take a bomber too.

That is all...

THANK YOU :hihi:

bassmaster
08-31-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Karl F
I buy him and U a beer AFTER Slip gets the bomber... hey, I'll buy Taggage one too, after he gets his bomber!
No beer for me, but I'll take a bomber too.

That is all...

THANK YOU :hihi:
those thing take 4 ever
I was in My cubby hole last night
the shack got skunked:laughs:
so did I:laughs:

NIB
09-01-2004, 07:23 AM
So shoot me I have a aluminum rod holder.Serves a purpose for me its the only thing on my vehicle that denotes fisherman inside.i usually don't like any addvertisement of the fact.no stickers or any o that crap.then again if u wanna be found out just post pics all over the net with ur green truck an complain when people haunt u.:D

Flaptail
09-01-2004, 12:05 PM
I bought this neat pre-bent aluminum plate from the Surfcaster and it installed right where my license plate is then I attached my homemade bracket ( oak) and the four tubes that I cut and drilled and had a friend machine the slots for the reels. Came out pissa. It's a one of a kind and works real well. Now Karl how about that beer?:D

RIROCKHOUND
09-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Bought 4ft of 2" alumnium tube... cut it out, bought reel grabbers from surfcaster and bolted them to my bumper...
whole thing cost me 15clams...

Flaptail
09-01-2004, 01:17 PM
RIROCK, check your pm's. TTFN!

Karl F
09-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Flaptail
Now Karl how about that beer?:D

sure thing, cost U one needle ;)

Backbeach Jake
09-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Bombers? Needles? Rod holders? BEER!!!??? Now what'd I miss??

BasicPatrick
09-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Hey Karl,

What about my Bomber

right BM

Karl F
09-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Thats right Patrick, BM is the bomber guy, I'm the beer guy.
Don't drink it no more, just sell it. Will trade it for custom wood ;)

I'm sorry, I think this thread is hopelessly hi-jacked by now :smash:

Rod Holders....

PVC, or aluminum tubes, clamped or screwed to the bumper, or to a piece of wood and then to the bumper, whatever works, or you can get the yuppy aluminum racks from Surfcaster, or Angler Aluminum, or any of the other manufacturers :rolleyes: