View Full Version : @#$!@#$ Thunderstorms

BrianS
08-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Leaving for Tampa and Myrtle Beach Thursday..

Was gonna do some fishing out on a charter next Tuesday..

Looking at the weather reports for the 10 days I will be down there... T-Storms all the way...
*fun*

I dont mind the weather down there for visiting and the beach etc... ...but I will mind it during fishing

UGH

BrianS
08-31-2004, 02:31 PM
Might get lucky... on the 10 day forecast, next Thursday doesnt look so bad in Myrtle Beach..

:)

Course will the hurricane annihalate the fishing.. UGH..

Motor Fish
09-01-2004, 11:52 AM
I feel your pain. I was planning on leaving for Tampa on Saturday. I might not even get there until next Tuesday.

I think the thunderstorms are very scattered and brief and just pass through. Take a look at the map on this link.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/USFL0481?from=search_city

I hope the link works.

Pete
09-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Used to live just outside of Tampa, worked in the city. Thunder storm most afternoons, 5:00 from mid May to Mid October. We could see the clouds build up over the gulf all afternoon. Passed right over though. As someone said, not bad on the beach, tough if you're caught on the water. Pay attention to the noon weather reports.

Pete :D

BrianS
09-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Ya.. we canceled..

My in-laws absolutely forbade us to go to Florida

So instead we are leaving tomorrow morning to go to Myrtle Beach to see them for a week... So we will still get hit.. just a little weaker and a little later..

*sigh*

The 10 day forcast has next Thursday looking ok weather wise.. I can still do my fishing trip..

BrianS
09-03-2004, 07:09 AM
Went straight to Myrtle Beach

The waters are fairly nasty out there..
The beach was yellowflagged yesterday because of the riptide.. Expecting to be redflagged for the weekened starting today...

I *might* get to go out fishing next Wed/Thurs.. looks like the first day things might be calm...

BrianS
09-07-2004, 03:58 PM
/rant continues

the place i was gonna go to isnt doing the trip i want to do again untill friday..

i leave for home saturday... so im fine if they dont push it off again

if they do... /grumble

but i guess its for the best.. im looking at the beach now... its pretty unhappy out there