View Full Version : stradic 8000

CANAL RAT
09-05-2004, 07:54 AM
i am getting a stradic 8000 what are some tips you gave give for this reel best braid,line, another thing that it does not have a water proof drag seal the spheros 8000 does and is less $$ any thoughts?

basswipe
09-05-2004, 08:47 AM
The Stradic is one of their "S" concept reels.Its supposed to be stronger and smoother and be very quiet.Its originally designed for use in freshwater,so no waterproof drag.Lots of guys use'em in salt with no problems.The Stradic also comes with a spare spool.

I use the Spheros 8000 and find it plenty strong,smooth and quiet.No complaints.

CAL
09-05-2004, 08:57 AM
I've been using a Stradic 8000 all year and I've got no complaints.
Works well with Stealth, haven't tried anything else on it.

riverrat2
09-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Workds well with power pro also, I think it would be pretty good with any braid due to its super slow ossilation.

jkswimmer
09-05-2004, 06:01 PM
I have a 6000 Stratic it is not a salt water reel. It does not like the salt or even being near it.Just my opinion.

riverrat2
09-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Ask redlite about his stradic and saltwater. Seems to be holding up for him.

maddog2020
09-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Spheros 8000 gets my vote for a "surf" reel. :) If you will get splashed by saltwater then get the Spheros - its dark brown and less flashy as well.

The Stradic is much smoooother, but the lack of the waterproof drag steered me away from it. I wouldn't hesistate to use the Stradic as a boat reel or an inshore reel (I have a 4000FH - first season w/ just mono).

I use 50 lb PowerPro on my 8000 Spheros and it is pretty happy. The only time I run into problems is when I am using very light lures and I can't keep a good tension on the line.

The Spheros (4.7:1) is geared a little slower so it will have better pulling power over the Stradic (5.7:1). I think I've forgotten to mention that in the dozen or so posts about what I liked about the Spheros line.

The rotor on the Spheros sort of locks in place so the bail will never slam shut on you. Stradic doesn't have this feature.

Stradic has a grease port on the side and the Spheros doesn't. May be just another spot saltwater could potentially enter.

Rinse it off lighty and keep it oiled - both are solid performers.