View Full Version : 73 Seacraft Cuddy & Trailer

macojoe
09-09-2004, 08:41 AM
I have been eyeing a 73 seacraft cuddy for a while now. It has a messed up 200 merc on it. It was in the water this summer and running.
But the motor has real issues!! He hit a rock this summer and destroyed the lower unit and had a used one put on it then he forgot to put oil ion the gas and messed up the motor. It still runs but like I said its going to be toast!

Trailer is in aravege condition as is the Hull. Seems to be pretty sea worthy!

So the question to all you boat guys out there is what do you think it would be worth with no motor?? I no seacraft hold the vaule and are not cheap!! Just what do you think it might be worth?

Thanks guys

sokinwet
09-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Try posting your question on classicseacraft.com; a lot of good info. and good people.(including JohnR!) They are the best boat!!; just an unbiased opinion from the owner of a 1971 20' Seacraft Seafari. PS 200 HP might be a little much for the 20' as they tend to be low in the stern with too much weight. Mine is heavier than the 20'CC and it cruises at 30 mph @ 4000 rpm with a "vintage" Rude 115.

Billybob
09-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Classicseacraft is a good place to go with this question, but I'll give you my opinion. Pictures would help, but here's my story. I'm assuming it's a 23', and in average condition.
I have a 73, and I bought it in pretty "rough condition", I paid about $3000 just for the hull - which I think is a decent deal - but not a steal. Seems people know that Seacraft's have some value. So , it was like this
http://www.classicseacraft.com/Sirotnak23deckbefore2.jpg

I did the work myself, and it took a while, and I put old power on it, but it runs good. I did have to buy a new trailer though. So, bottom line is, now I have about $10,000 into the whole rig as is

http://www.classicseacraft.com/Sirotnak23small.JPG

So, I think that might give you an idea of an average, rather low budget plan. Just remember, buying the hull is just the beginning. Get yourself a plan, price it out, and see if it makes sense for you.
Good luck

Bill

NEXT2NUN
09-09-2004, 03:57 PM
You did a nice job Billybob!! awesome

S-Journey
09-15-2004, 08:31 AM
I have a 1970 20' open fisherman with a 140 merc I/O for sale. The boat is in great condition if anyone is interested.

Gotta get rid of it over the winter, going to be the down payment for the new boat:humpty:

Blue
09-15-2004, 01:41 PM
I have a friend looking for one what is the price and condition,photos, location etc.

E-mail at bwheeler@rockyhill.org

Vectorfisher
09-15-2004, 03:19 PM
S journey is the open fisherman a CC??

S-Journey
09-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Vectorfisher
S journey is the open fisherman a CC??

Yes, CC...