View Full Version : sandworms, seaworms...whatever you call them

Mr. Sandman
09-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Remember at the SB show last Mar...there was a fellow that had a booth that was growing sandworms..the ones he had at the show were monsters. I think he was in Maine and if I recall was an English chap that is connected with an outfit that grows tons of them in Europe.

Has anyone been able to procure these worms? I gave the brochure away to my local shop and they have never gotten any but I sure wouldn't mind a gettin my paws on a few flats of those giant sandworms.

BasicPatrick
09-09-2004, 05:36 PM
That company was in the booth of Fishing Finatics located in everett MA. I heard there were supply problems but that might be just rumors. Your best bet is to call that shop and ask for Peter.

thefishingfreak
09-09-2004, 07:29 PM
http://www.fishfinatic.com/

love_2_fish
09-09-2004, 09:43 PM
The name of the company in Maine that is raising the sandworms is Seabait. From what I've read Seabait is big in Europe. I called Fishing Finatics last week to see if they were selling the hatchery raised worms yet, but the person answering the phone didn't know anything about them. The owner, Pete Santini, was not around. At the Mass Striped Bass show this spring I was told that they were expecting to start selling the hatchery worms sometime in late summer. I'd be interested in hearing when if at all they will be available.

Any updates Pete?

pete santini
09-10-2004, 05:20 AM
I had seabait worms until the middle of july this year. This was the 1st year of limited production of these worms. Peter cowin who runs seabait usa told me that we'll have plenty of worms for next year. The worms i had were great all nice size and healthy. I will invite pete down to give a talk at msba this winter pete santini

Mr. Sandman
09-10-2004, 08:14 AM
That sounds good. If they are anything like the worms he had at that show worm fishermen will be very pleased. I just can't bring myself to pay the money for the tiny thin stuff that is being dug today...his were plump and meaty and long. I have not seen worms like that since I was a kid.

Thanks Pete

Do you have a phone number for the Seabait folks in ME?