View Full Version : Weekend Plans

JohnR
09-14-2001, 07:42 AM
I have been and will continue to offer much thought and prayer to the victims and their friends and family. To the rescue personnel that are STILL at it and STILL in danger of their own lives. I will pray that are country does not become divided by hatred. I will pray for justice - severe and swift, but JUST - because we Americans are a just people. I pray for the safety of the men and women that will spend their time in harm's way during the events unfolding.

Going to spend some time with, you, my friends this weekend. Let's take comfort together this weekend...

Fisherwoman
09-14-2001, 09:38 AM
AMEN to that JohnR, As we are heading to the Island this weekend, I am heartfelt sorry for all of those people and their families. All of the people and there families that have volunteered to help and are continually in dangers way. All of the Military, FBI,CIA, INS and other organizations that are out there working day and night to keep any more of this from happening.

I shed some pretty good tears this morning, when England had a change of the guards and came out playing our song, it was very touching and emotional,

We are heading to the Island on Sunday and I just can't seem to get into the groove, been pushing myself every day to continue to get ready, but this year it just isn't quite the same, Its so hard to be pumped up about the very trip that the whole crew of us look forward too every year. I can say that it will be good to hang out with our friends and families and comfort one another in this very difficult time.

GS and SM, I hope that you both have a great time this weekend on your trips. I hope all of you that have a chance to get together with each other for this leg of the tournament have a great weekend. May you all be safe and may your families be safe. May we all continue to pray for all of the people and there families and friends that have been affected by this tragedy. God be with you all. Have a good weekend, may you have many tight lines. I will check in with JohnR over the next several weeks and see how everybody is doing.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!

Fishpart
09-14-2001, 09:44 AM
See everyone Saturday. Prayers till then.

JohnR
09-14-2001, 10:03 AM
FW - Good luck and give my regards to everyone on the Island... I don't think I'll be able to make it this year but next year I'm planning 2 months ;)

My Cell# is 617-512-2541 if you want to call me...

I shed some pretty good tears this morning, when England had a change of the guards and came out playing our song, it was very touching and emotional,

That was very moving. One of the few countires that truly does more than pay lip service to their relationship to us...

chris L
09-14-2001, 11:30 AM
jules
you and Bill have a great time ! An Island what a perfect place to clear your head from all the bad news this week .
Everyone else have a good weekend fishing !
Me I have to work but Im trying to sneak off to NY to help . My wife would rather me not but sometimes you just have to do something !

Ill probably be working !