View Full Version : Custom Sabre 1089 and St Croix Tidemaster 8' for sale

JohnR
04-24-2001, 07:54 AM
Sabre 1089 Custom Conventional $120 :

Rod is in very good shape. Some normal marking on blank but absolutely fine structuraly. Red and gray wraps, cork tape butt and fore grips. The only weird thing with it is that it does not have a Fuji reel seat. It has Fuji BNLG guides which is important but the trigger seat is not a Fuji... It's a nice rod which I only used last year that caught a bunch of fish over 20 pounds up to the mid thirties. My primary rod for eeling and heavier plugging with the backbone for working tight, rocky areas. It was built at Gil's in Wakefield and is the last custom rod I have that I haven't built myself... Otherwise, it is in great shape. I picked up a 1089 Batson (same blank, different finish) to put together this month because I want all of my rods to be "My Rods" :P ... These usually go $180-220 New

St Croix 8 foot TC80HF Conventional $75 :

Ex #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& Schoolie Rod in good shape, cork handle, trigger seat, Fuji Guides, throws 1/2 to 2 ounces. Sweet spot is 3/4 to 1 and a half... This rod is great for schoolie and keeper bass, blues, albies, and bonito ... Also Baitcaster's choice for schoolie and albie fishing...

St Croiw's MSRP is $120

Specs on StCroix's web site: http://www.stcroixrods.com/stcroix/products/rods/tidem_specs.html

bdsandman
05-04-2001, 08:13 AM
Hey John, Is the St croix still available... I may have someone who is interested in it.

JohnR
05-04-2001, 01:47 PM
Yup... Just got your e-mail.... I'll reply to it...

Later,

John

JohnR
05-05-2001, 08:15 PM
The St Croix is sold and the Sabre is still available - remember, good rod with multiple fish in the 30# range caught on it during it's only, single season of usage ;D