View Full Version : test

JohnS
09-18-2001, 12:08 PM
Howdy all long time no see. Went to the Cape in late August ton's of fish all off the beach and out of my reach what a bummer.
Even did the canal for a couple of mornings, saw fish but they were small and didn't hook up.

Going to Cuttyhunk this thursday for a CSA a thon hope to get a big fish.

How is everyone been doing in MA.?

P.S. I like the way the new site looks John.

JohnS

Marc Z
09-18-2001, 12:13 PM
What's up John?????
You finally got on the new board here I see!
Hope you do well this weekend, I'll call you before you leave.
MZ

JohnS
09-18-2001, 12:22 PM
Marc how the heck are ya???? I have been going non stop and have not had a chance to give ya a buzz. Hope your into fish and hope I have a fish story to tell when I get back.

Just got back from Lake Champlain Friday and man fishing was bad by my standards, if you were going to tell me that I would only catch one keeper sized smallmouth bass for a whole week there, I would have told you, you were crazy. I NEED TO CATCH SOME BIG FISH SOOOOOON!!

After this I go to Nantucket for one more serious shot at a big dog during Columbus day Weekend. Once I get my act together we have to hook up!

JohnR
09-18-2001, 12:32 PM
It didn't work. You really are not reading this board....

Welcome back JohnS - I'm jealous of your little Cuttyhunk Trip coming up ;) - Next year I want to hit that (probably happen some time within the next decade :rolleyes: )

Mr. Sandman
09-18-2001, 02:00 PM
Please post the results of your Cuttyhunk trip, I hope to got out there the week after for a few nights.

Good luck (& bring enough eels)

JohnR
09-18-2001, 02:11 PM
What's the deal on fishing Cuttyhunk? Is there an Inn that the normal schlep such as myself can sleep the day away? I know you can't bring in a vehicle and that you need to hoof it but what about accomodations?

Thanks...

Mr. Sandman
09-18-2001, 03:23 PM
John,
http://www.capecodlife.com/CCL/features/articles/cutty_res.html#Lodging

Block I. in the winter, seems like a lux resort compared to cuttyhunk in peak season. But the fishing grounds are sweet.

Also check out www.cuttyhunk.com (currently not up for some reason) but they have the most current info.

The ferry leaves:

N.Bedford Cuttyhunk

Tue &Fri 10am 2pm

Sat & Sun 9am 3pm

that is it!

Let me know when you go.....

Got Stripers
09-18-2001, 08:07 PM
JohnS, the smallmouth live in Maine now :). I just got back from a long weekend, about 1-1/2 hours northeast of Bangor. The weather has actually been too good, too hot and too dry, which meant our early fall patterns hadn't really started. Even so the two of us managed about 45 smallies over 3 lbs, with maybe 4-6 of them solid 4-1/2 lbs. I've taken so many "fish" pictures over the years, I'm not even sure I snapped one to post, but I did get a great pic of a moose feeding this morning before packing up camp. In light of the nutty world we live in, it was a great relief to just worry about fishing.

Clammer
09-18-2001, 09:12 PM
Wecome back bob,we missed you at the 3rd leg of the contest,Fish were actually caught/// later:rolleyes:

JohnS
09-19-2001, 08:24 AM
John I don't know to much about it but here is the link to the CSA website, scroll all the way down and Rich has set up a link to Cuttyhunk, it might answer some questions.

Got Stripers your killing me!!!! I busted my nuggets all week to catch smallies like you got, oh well to bad for me :p

I hooked a 4-5# smallie by accident sometime I will have to tell the story when I have a spare moment.

JohnS

Got Stripers
09-19-2001, 10:09 AM
JohnS, any fish pictures of me are in my brother in laws camera, but I did snap this picture of him with a nice fish. Sorry to rub it in, but this is what a nice smallie looks like :).http://www.rgsiroisco.com/john7.jpg

JohnS
09-19-2001, 10:46 AM
Got Stripers I am going fishing with you and we will hunt down the bronze backs! :cool: Nice fish bud. I am still trying to break the 4# mark, I had a 5# on by accident I was bummed when it flew out of the water and came unbuttoned.

Eat, Sleep, Go Fish,

JohnS