View Full Version : Hook file

5/0
09-18-2004, 10:04 AM
fished the Canal early about 03:50 no rain,no wind & no one in site!Started off slow for about an hour,had a couple of bumps but no solid hook ups.
@ 05:00 Got my fisrt Bass just under 36" Fat though.Couple more drifts later got one more same size.I put on my biggest eel hoping to capitalize on larger fish but no such luck!got a nice ball-o-eel,by that time the fish were getting more active on top.
Tossed a Blue Mac pattern Yo-zori first cast fumbled one,nice wack but no such luck.Next cast nice smack & darted for the bottom thought for sure it was decent, but with that strong current these fish can hid there size,it was about 35"didn't measure but close to the last fish is was catching.

Top water activity didn't last long so I threw on a old Hand down 4.0 oz jig I got from my Gand Pappy,Man they loved it!ended up with 5 bass on this no real size biggest was 33" but I fumbled alot.I wish i had a hook file cause I missed one really large hit & another nice fish close to shore..........
Hat's off to you Jiggin guys I don't know how you can soley just jig!Man I thought my arms were gonna fall off!

I had the chance to meet Jack T down there this morning. he had good luck on the last of the West and the start of the East all on jigs, things tappered off so I lent him the same a Very old Hand down jig that my great Grand Pappy gave me.So he was getting bumps and one fish on it things were looking up for him till.........He lost it on a trap!

Nice going Jack!
Till next time.

5/0