View Full Version : Urban Coyotes ???

Van
09-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Last night just before passing out. She bumps me, turns the TV down and says listen, sure enough there is howling coming from across the street in the small wooded area. It was more than one animal too.

Now I know for sure, they are right around my neighborhood. A couple of weeks ago I was packing gear into my truck at 5 AM, Pitch dark, and somehting across the street GROWLED at me, scared the SHIET out of me, and I never was sure what it was, until now.

I know there are lots of reports of them around, but it seems strange I mean this is in Quincy! Town of taxes, taxis and senior housing.

What the hell is going on???

RickBomba
09-19-2004, 07:57 AM
We used to have them in Newton. Signs everywhere on partially wooded side streets.
Rick

BigFish
09-19-2004, 08:17 AM
See em' again....feed them some arsenic laced meat!:hang:

Karl F
09-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Did an afternoon recon to a "spot" I hadn't fished in 30 years, on the way back, saw a Coyote walking thru the front yard of a humongous trophy house, daylight and people around.... they are getting some bold... he just trotted on thru, turned left, crossed the road, and headed for the beach... walked right past, no more than 30 feet away from him, a couple of rabbits... guess he wasn't hungry :huh:

MikeTLive
09-19-2004, 07:24 PM
coyotes have become used to people way too quickly.
that is what happens when the too many people move in and we cant hunt anymore .

same for the deer population.

face it folks. we are F!@$%#^@#$%^

Jenn
09-20-2004, 06:07 PM
What the hell is going on??? [/B]

...A few years back too many people voted against trapping ...thats what happened!!!!

crashfromamesbury
09-20-2004, 07:23 PM
they are every where.. someone videotaped one off of washington st in roxbury a while back.. they will go anywhere there is food...be it live or trash.. they are worse than rats ..

Notaro
09-20-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by RickBomba
We used to have them in Newton. Signs everywhere on partially wooded side streets.
Rick :eek: :eek: no way! i live in newton. i live close to nanthan park, rick. is there a possiblity for a coyote sighting?

Hooper
09-21-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Jenn
...A few years back too many people voted against trapping ...thats what happened!!!!

Yep... remember the bumper stickers?

"Ban Cruel Traps" :rolleyes:

Fly Rod
09-21-2004, 07:10 AM
:) Last night just before Monday night football the back yard light went on and there in the middle of the yard a coyote was just standing there!!! Seemed to be very healthy!!!!

Christian
09-21-2004, 02:36 PM
see them ALOT when fishing the charles in dedham and up to natick. saw one in west roxbury a few weeks ago at like 4am.

seeing turkeys is like seeing pigeons now too. on the ride to school last week in west roxbury came across a group of 10 turkeys just walking around in the middle of vermont street. little kid chasing them around.

GregK
09-22-2004, 06:28 AM
I hear them almost every night from my backyard leading to the woods,(Rockland), Is it true they howl because they have caught something? I hope it was my neighbor's dog.

tynan19
09-22-2004, 10:50 AM
I live in Central Mass. and I have seen 2 Moose and my father in law has also seen a couple in the immediate area. Also many coyotes hear them all the time.

There was also a few sightings of a large Black Bear in the Neighborhood a few months back. It is kinda scary when your boy is 1 1/2 yrs. and plays outside.