View Full Version : Add me to the list? Surgery #2.......

bud8fan
09-21-2004, 03:35 AM
Well I am officially adding myself to the list of Grumpy Old Farts on this board!!

Saw the ortho- surgeon today and the decision was made for surgery #2................:smash: :smash:

http://www.allaboutmydoc.com/surgeonweb/surgeonId.2729/clinicId.1432/theme.theme3/country.US/language.en/page.article/docId.20119

Date set for October 5th so my season has two weeks left....... cant do anymore damage so as long as I can I may as well fish!!!!!

Hopefully surgery #2 will be the last!!:af: :af: :af:

Two weeks to get a 40#????

Russ

Nebe
09-21-2004, 08:40 AM
that sucks russ:mad: but like you say, hopefully this will be your last surgery... right??

Remember there is always sand spikes, clam bellies and beach chairs to snuggle up to when you cant plug.

hope you get well soon.

did you get my love note?:hihi:

The Dad Fisherman
09-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Bummer, especially w/ the fall run right around the corner.

Put the rod in your kids hands and live vicariously through them for awhile

chris L
09-21-2004, 11:03 AM
that sucks ! I bet Ill be under the knife in a few years or sooner with both of my elbows .

crashfromamesbury
09-21-2004, 11:03 AM
i can sympathize with your russ, my season ended in july..

but make the best of what time you can get in now..

with the advances in orthopedic surgery you will

be back next season and will enjoy it pain free (or with less pain)..

later
crash

bart
09-21-2004, 05:43 PM
that sucks Russ :(

BrianS
09-23-2004, 12:17 PM
ugh.. good luck to you..

i had my own little scare recently.. Just before I went on vacation I felt a twinge in my knee that I had surgery on a few years ago.

It got progressively worse thruought the vacation. I was sure I was headed back under the knife because it hurt more than last time.. but its been getting better again... needs to last a wee bit longer..

good luck and get fish...

MAC
09-23-2004, 05:17 PM
Sorry to hear it Russ. Just when things are heating up again.

ThrowingTimber
09-25-2004, 05:27 PM
Sorry to hear that Russ, Call me if you want to hit the sand early in the am. :D Was stoopid out there this am.