View Full Version : Olympics

nightfighter
09-19-2001, 10:23 PM
Now that we have such heightened security surrounding the airlines, (and hopefully that takes away one source of their weapons)one has to wonder what vehicle or target these terrorists will turn to next. I can't help but think that the Olympics would be on their top ten list. Haven't heard the Games mentioned in the past week, but I gotta believe there is a huge security revision going on in Salt Lake City.

Also makes me sick that I was trying to guess what these extremists are targeting next while I was casting a few into the huge surge we currently have.

JohnR
09-20-2001, 09:01 AM
There has been much talk about increasing security at the games again. They are asking for an additional 500 real security people over the 3200 they are currently planning for as well as other improvements in security...

Jaiem
09-20-2001, 09:21 AM
While something at the Olympics would make headlines, these guys seem to be targetting America mainly. So I don't think the Olympics would be as much a symbol of the USA as other attractions and events.

But it does have to be considered and prepared for (and attempted to be prevented).

Blitzseeker
09-20-2001, 11:41 AM
I'm heading to Salt Lake for a week for the games.

I must admit, I'll be a bit jittery on that trip.