View Full Version : CBS says sorry

green meanie
09-25-2004, 05:56 PM
really like how they made up those lies about the presidents service records LOL..
you DEMS will do anything to try to win a vote :)

Nebe
09-25-2004, 06:34 PM
the fact is that you know who was awol for a year. This bogus piece of paper might be fake, and for all we know a republican could have made it to distract the press from the real issues.

Not one person that he served with can attest to seeing him for a whole year.

i could really care less about this whole thing :smash:

09-27-2004, 08:57 AM
:D

JohnR
09-27-2004, 09:29 AM
No Kerry -v- Bush threads...

RIJIMMY
09-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Political views aside, this was a major issue and greatly diminishes the reputation of CBS. From what I have heard, the CBS producer has been obsessed with these type of documetns for years adn rushed to get these on the air. CBS' document experts told them they could nto verify the docuemtns. They merely verified teh signature. Very shoddy Journalism and unfortunaltly it was politically motivated. Even if this was against %$%$%$%$%$%$ I would still hae the same view. It will be intetrsting to see how thsi plays out.

you have to love my spelling.....

Navy Chief
09-27-2004, 05:23 PM
The problem that I have with this situation is that if this happened in a journalism class, CBS would have received a "F".
News stories are supposed to be verified factual and truthful, otherwise the reporter/station sets itself up for slander charges. It's basic ethics in the journalism community.

Dan Rather has lost all credibility with me as has CBS news. They are now in the same category as the National Enquirer. No stories that they run can be believed as fact, so if they tell you about a Hurricane or a bank robbery, check it with another station before you believe it.

The fact that there is even a possibility that this breach of ethics could in anyway influence a presidential election means that Dan Rather needs to do more than apologize. He needs to get fired.