View Full Version : Whether we bring our enemies to justice, or bring justice to our enemies, justice wil

JohnR
09-21-2001, 07:07 AM
"Whether we bring our enemies to justice, or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done." Last night, our President

I'm impressed by what he had to say last night. He spelled it out with determination and sincerness.

We must maintain our steadfast support for the President and our country...

Got Stripers
09-21-2001, 09:00 AM
I was very pleased that it was strong and what was needed at this time. It appears the wheels of justice have been set in motion at last.

Fishpart
09-21-2001, 10:10 AM
I like the fact that terrorisim will be found and not brought to justice but DEFEATED!!!!! another thing our President mentioned.

I have faith in those who have pledged to "support and defend the Constitutuion of the United States against all enemies forgien and domestic" and I will support them wholeheartedly.

Jaiem
09-21-2001, 10:18 AM
I don't want to start a debate on this, but through out this whole crisis I couldn't help but think "Thank G-d Bush is President and not Clinton or Gore!"

Fishpart
09-21-2001, 12:02 PM
"Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated." George Bush

I believe this was one of the most powerful statements

Patrick82
09-21-2001, 01:32 PM
I didn't vote in this past election and I didn't want Bush in office. The reason I didn't vote in the election is because I didn't know what I wanted in my life and I didn't think I should decide what is right for the country. If Bush runs again, I will vote for him. I don't agree with all his policies but he has good character. I see good character a much more important quality. When he held that brave officer's shield up, you could see in his eyes his sorrow and how deeply he believes that these punks should be brought to justice. Gotta hand it to him. He seems like an AOK guy.

Jaiem
09-21-2001, 02:18 PM
The officer, George Howard, is (my) Lisa's uncle.

She said that when his son met with the President (when he came to NY) the son was still very upset over the loss of his father. The son gave the shield to the Pres. and in his anger at the loss of his father blamed him for the event. The President tried to be sympathetic but what can you say to a distraught son?

It's possible the reference to Officer Howard in last night's speech was the President's way of trying to comfort the son as best the President could.

Patrick82
09-21-2001, 02:20 PM
Jaiem,

Please give Lisa and her family my heartfelt condolences.

Jaiem
09-21-2001, 02:41 PM
Thanks.

Lisa also has a friend who was badly hurt by flying debris. Her friend was burned on the back from the middle of her back down to her calfs. He knees where broken and both ankles are shattered. It will take at least 20 operations to repair the injuries and even then is doubtful she will ever walk again. :(

Lisa's other uncle is the Captain of the USS Harry S. Truman.

Patrick82
09-21-2001, 03:34 PM
Jaeim, keep the faith man. They say people with broken spines and people with amputees might not walk and look, they walk, ski, and get back a good amount of normalcy to their lives. One guy in an airplane disaster lost both his legs below the knees and he is skydiving again.

Don't count her out just yet. Doctors are wrong all the time. If she has the drive, and keeps the faith, and has the support from her family and friends, it's amazing what a person can overcome. Mindi and I will keep your friends and family in our prayers.

I also wanted to say that although I don't have anything against #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney, Colin Powell has really stood strong and been a great symbol of what America is about. I would much rather see him as a running mate than Cheney.

Jenn
09-23-2001, 09:22 PM
Jaiem,

So many of us who are not in NY or have had direct losses still feel your pain! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all! I think I speak for many when I say....If there is anything we can do, you need but ask!

I too couldnt help but think "thank god Bush is president" through all this......
When I vote I go by two things (as I dont research every little detail) 1 st does this person for or against the things I believe in??? and 2nd when I see them on T.V. do I sense that they are blatant liars, or do I feel they are somewhat honest (hey these ARE polititians) I have never been able to stomach Gore.....

So far Bush (too me anyway) has stood tall and stood strong and so far I have never had the feeling that he was a blatant liar! I dont think any of us PREFER war, but I think it is necessary at this time, and happy Bush is our president!!

Jaiem
09-24-2001, 08:09 AM
When you think about it, it's basically the same team as was for the Gulf war: Chenye as Sec of State then, Gen. Powel was chairman of the Joint Chiefs, and Bush Sr. was Pres. That's gotta be in the minds of the terrorists too, knowing how well we did during Desert Storm.

I just think that at this time Bush commands more respect and credability than Clinton or Gore could ever have under the same circumstances.