View Full Version : Beachmaster Dannies

choggieman
09-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know were I can get my dirty paws on some Beachmaster Dannys? I've heard a rumor about Habs making a Danny but I can't wait any longer for it to come out. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks guys/gals and tight lines!

Katie
09-27-2004, 09:56 AM
i searched on google for a beachmaster danny i have never heard of one until now but heres a link to a SOL thread that has a bunch on it about them maybe you can find something here

http://www.stripersonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb_547C/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=001646;p=2

fishweewee
09-27-2004, 10:02 AM
c-man, where do you live?

Try http://www.saltwateredge.com

also

CMS in New Bedford has some of 'em, call ahead.

Beachmaster makes

1) large and small surface Danny plugs (these blow Gibbs out of the water).

2) large and small Atom 40's (metal lip swimmer with rounded face - they swim below the surface). Possibly my favorite go-to-metal lipped subsurface plug. (Yo BM - are you gonna make any of these soon?)

3) large "surfster" metal lip swimmers called "cowboys." They have an angled head like a darter and swim deep.

4) pencil poppers

5) needlefish

6) darters

I am absolutely addicted to the '40's and the cowboys.

I've fished them all except the needles (thank God for Habs).

Nebe
09-27-2004, 10:34 AM
The darters... ahhh the darters....

thump..... thump...... thump....... thump.......thump..... thump...... thump....... thump.......thump..... thump...... thump....... thump.......thump..... thump...... thump....... thump.......thump..... thump...... thump....... thump.......thump..... thump...... thump....... thump.......thump..... thump...... thump....... thump.......thump..... thump...... thump....... thump.......thump..... thump...... thump....... thump.......thump..... thump...... thump....... thump.......

BANG!!!!

spence
09-27-2004, 10:38 AM
CMS usually has them but the selection is very limited...

-spence

Krispy
09-27-2004, 10:38 AM
metallip is a member here, and owns Beachmaster, he may be able to let you know whats available where.

Krispy
09-27-2004, 10:41 AM
I did get my dirty paws on some of Habs' elite needles for a couple minutes over the weekend :eek: Wow :cool: :cool:

CAL
09-27-2004, 11:24 AM
I LOVE my Beachmasters :btu:

Mr. Sandman
09-27-2004, 11:43 AM
http://www.saltwateredge.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=BMP

they normally carry the darters and needles. I never see the cowboys anyplace. I have called around too.

like swe says "These things are worse than street drugs."

The needle is a heavy duty peice of equipment. While I like it and it does indeed work well ...I have had more luck with habs. These needles look like a bloated superstrike. You better have a stout set up to sail this into the wind.

Mike P
09-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Cowboys are hard to find even on Long Island. When a shop gets them in, they go fast. Same with the dahtahs.

Some places have them but keep them behind the counter ;)

I've usually had better luck at CMS than locally. Most of my stash of A-40s came from there.

choggieman
09-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Thanks for all the help. The dannys do rule though. I haven't found anything compatible yet. I love the spin atom size beachmaster also. I was hoping to find a source that is more consistent than the edge and CMS is a little farther than I like to travel. I wish someone else made a good Danny with the bm so hard to get ahold of! Habs needlefish are the best so when I heard he was gonna make a danny I was stoked, but I need 'em soon so I can't wait. I might even have some cowboys to trade for dannys or spins if someone wants to. Metallip, if you are out there you hold one of the keys to my near fishing future! Thanks again!

Pete_G
09-27-2004, 12:36 PM
I talked to Beachmaster a few days ago, needles are likely in the next few weeks.

Then Atom 40's maybe around X-mas.

Danny's were tentatively early next year.

I think there was a run of Gibbs style needles somewhere in the time table as well.

As much as we love the Danny's around here, Beachmaster thinks the New Yawkers actually prefer the Atom 40 swimmer. Not sure why though. I'll take either one...

**disclaimer**
As with all custom plugs they are custom, therefore delivery dates are subject to change...

Nebe
09-27-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Pete_G
I talked to Beachmaster a few days ago, needles are likely in the next few weeks.

Then Atom 40's maybe around X-mas.

Danny's were tentatively early next year.

I think there was a run of Gibbs style needles somewhere in the time table as well.

pete- what about the darters?? Please tell me yoru getting darters!!! :crying:

Pete_G
09-27-2004, 08:02 PM
I dunno, he didn't mention anything about Darters. :(