View Full Version : The difference between the Sox & the Pats

Hooper
09-28-2004, 05:52 PM
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/news/bos_news.jsp?ymd=20040927&content_id=873050&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp

I know the serious Sox fans may take aim at me, but c'mon.....

What happens after each big Patriots win including the AFC Championship game last year against the "unstoppable" Colts???? A few high 5's, a few pats on the ass and it's onto Houston to finish the Mission. Billichick seems to come back to the same old "You haven't done anything yet guys, stay focused."

To me, our Boston Red Sox are feeling they have won something significant in securing a WIld Card which they really had wrapped up for quite some time now. I don't feel they aren't "on a mission" like the Patriots have been these past few seasons....

OK, hit me, I'm ready! :smash:

BigFish
09-28-2004, 06:03 PM
The Pats know how to build a dynasty....the Sox can't even read the blueprints!:smash: :smash: :smash:

28inches
09-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Hoop- I saw that big celebration on espn this morning...thought I woke up from a coma and missed the Series. If ANYBODY should know better, it's a Sox player or fan. Another guy is bragging cause the Sox won the season series with the Yanks. :smash:
:laughs:

afterhours
09-28-2004, 06:31 PM
the winning attitude starts at the top- ownership, management, coaching. the pats have it and the sox need to find it. kraft and bellichek are very special. with that said... go sox!!! premature celebration!

BigFish
09-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Celebrating winning the wildcard????:smash: :hs: :doh: :tm:

Pretty weeney!:rolleyes: Should have acted business as usual......who cares they won the wildcard spot???:af: Its not like you get a flag or pennant for that!!!:wall:

afterhours
09-28-2004, 06:43 PM
yeah! like 28" said- if anybody should know better it's the sox..i don't get it. don't they watch the pats and see how it's done?

Hooper
09-29-2004, 01:31 AM
"When you get to the endzone, act like you've been there before."

Well, it seems like this would be appropriate now....

The Dad Fisherman
09-29-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by afterhours
the winning attitude starts at the top- ownership, management, coaching. the pats have it and the sox need to find it. kraft and bellichek are very special. with that said... go sox!!! premature celebration!

I'll say the Ownership/Management (Upper Management, that is, the jury still out on Francona) is MUCH better that in the past. The owners seem committed to bringing a championship to boston and you have to love Theo Epstein, that guy has a fire in his belly that we've never seen in a GM before. He's also NOT going to put up w/ any whining (i.e. Nomar). and he is ALWAYS looking for ways to improve the team, where for decades the Sox always wanted to stay pat w/ what they had or Dust off some "Aging Veteran" for his guidance.

If you want to celebrate the wildcard go to Hooters for Buffalo Wings and Beers........Save the Champagne for the ACLS and beyond

Surfcastinglife
09-29-2004, 08:16 AM
bah ur all so negative. let the poor bastards celebrate ;). who cares about image??. BIG diff between a baseball season and a football season. theres a 146 game disparity there. these guys have just been threw a marathon and have come out as one of 4 teams to make the postseason. the pats play 16 games and are one of 6 to qualify. let em have their little party, they'll be ready for the yanks,twins or A's. bring em on its time to kick some a$$

Codfather4
09-29-2004, 06:29 PM
I'll tell you the difference between the pats and the red sox.
Pats Super Bowl wins past 3 years= 2
Red Sox playoff appearences past 4 years= 2
I think we can all see the difference there:smash: