View Full Version : checking in....

tlapinski
09-28-2004, 06:13 PM
just got in to RI from the cape and Cutty trips. the cape was dead, but Cutty was insane! it was my first trip out there. i went out for the CT Surfcasters / Cuttyhunk Fishing Club tourney. three nights of fishing tallied 6 @ 30#+, a bunch of 20#+, and countless teens. i am absolutely addicted to Cuttyhunk! i don't think i have ever walked as much as i did in the 3 nights out there, but it was all well worth it.

i have a bunch of pictures to post, but it is off to Block Island for me on thursday morning until sunday. i'll get the pictures uploaded sunday or monday.

BigFish
09-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Sounds like you had a blast T-Lap....congrats!:btu: Can't wait to see the pics!:eyes:

riverrat2
09-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Sounds like you got into the fish big time T-lap. I hope the whole Block Island crew gets into some BIG fish this weekend. And make sure redlite doesn't lose any of my HABS. :D You get all of your fish on wood?

ThrowingTimber
09-29-2004, 06:40 AM
Awesome T. glad you got into some good fish! Hope to hear some of the stories when you come back, good luck!

fishweewee
09-29-2004, 07:03 AM
Toby,

YOU SUCK. :crying:

cya Saturday. :happy:

Flaptail
09-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Toby, did ever notice that WeeWee has a problem when other people catch fish? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Anyway, I was thinking of fishing that but just could not make it happen. I was there Thursday in the boat and the swells were insane on the southwest end. Nashawena was loaded with bass so the best is still to come out there. Glad you slayed 'em. Good luck on Block hope you like the cliff climbing out there too!:D

Codfather4
09-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Wow cuttyhunk and then block island, your one lucky man. Good luck:D

JohnR
09-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Codfather4
Wow cuttyhunk and then block island, your one lucky man. Good luck:D

No, he's not LUCKY he's SINGLE

BIG friekin' difference :smash:

Nebe
09-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by JohnR
No, he's not LUCKY he's SINGLE

BIG friekin' difference :smash:

You nailed it john:smash:

I'd hate to be single agian, but oh the fishing I would do:devil:

fishaholic18
09-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Eben
You nailed it john:smash:

I'd hate to be single agian, but oh the fishing I would do:devil:

I hear that Eben.
:humpty:

FishermanTim
09-29-2004, 05:33 PM
He's lucky that he is single!:p :rolleyes: :laughs:

bud8fan
09-29-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by FishermanTim
He's lucky that he is single!:p :rolleyes: :laughs:

I second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only I knew then what I know now!!!!:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

AI4WD
09-29-2004, 06:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by FishermanTim
He's lucky that he is single!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only I knew then what I know now!!!! :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

If I was single, again....would not even need a home ....LOL...Just a 4WD camper to live on the beach and fish. Can't say I would get much sleep....but sure as hell would be FREE at last....ohhhh, free at last! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Cutty last week and now Block I this weekend....you are one lucky man! Wish, i could join ya....but this ball and chain on my leg makes it difficult to climb on the rocks....Never again...
:smash: :smash: :smash:

Good luck on BI!

Hooks up,
Forrest

tlapinski
10-04-2004, 01:35 PM
finally home. block was a let down after cutty, but it was still a blast! i'll be back to both those places soon enough!

Christian
10-04-2004, 01:37 PM
hey tlap,
what did you take that fish on, the one on the front page?

Tattoo
10-04-2004, 01:42 PM
I'm married with a 2 year old son.

Fished Cuttyhunk on 10/2 - 10/3

Fishing Montauk on 10/14 - 10/17

Fishing Block Island on 11/5 - 11/7

Fishing Block Island on 11/11 - 11/14

Nevermind the weekdays and weekends in between.

Sounds like some people are whipped if you ask me.:laughs:

cheferson
10-04-2004, 01:47 PM
You suck tattoo!

maddog2020
10-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Me thinks, Tattoo, you will be single as well if you keep THAT up. Your son is small so you can do that for NOW............... go ahead and laugh at us married folks with kid(s) over 5 yrs old.

I'll place a wager that when your son turns 5, you WON'T be fishing like that. ;)

I thought that when we had the house sided two seasons ago I would be able to go to fish to the ocean each weekend - NOT. I was so tied up after July 4th to about 2 week in August that I didn't even make it to the beach. :( Yeah, call me what ya want for now, but you other guys know what I'm talking about. :D

WTF do I know - I was foolish enough to get married to begin with. :P

Hey, at my current rate - I'll be fishing A LOT more......after I get thrown out of my house for other reasons. :( Any one got a room for rent? I need a lot of room for gear. :D LOL!

fishweewee
10-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by cheferson
You suck tattoo!

what cheferson said. :laughs:

Krispy
10-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Howd you guys do on Cuttyhunk last weekend?

tlapinski
10-04-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Krispy
Howd you guys do on Cuttyhunk last weekend? not as good as we did at BI..... :smash:

Nebe
10-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Tattoo
I'm married with a 2 year old son.

Fished Cuttyhunk on 10/2 - 10/3

Fishing Montauk on 10/14 - 10/17

Fishing Block Island on 11/5 - 11/7

Fishing Block Island on 11/11 - 11/14

Nevermind the weekdays and weekends in between.

Sounds like some people are whipped if you ask me.:laughs:

And if your clever, its all a tax writeoff :D

reelecstasy
10-05-2004, 08:02 AM
well, I have to say I would like another shot at the single thing. Things will CERTAINLY change after 5 yrs...Twins- 6yrs old...never got to BI,CH....anywhere...I would fish every single night, sleep at work each day (only like 3 hrs) :).........:rolleyes:

tlapinski
10-05-2004, 08:07 AM
being single again sucked at first, but i have more than made up for it this year in hours spent fishing. since may, i have only missed 1 weekend, and have fished at least one weekday each week. spring run was a 6 night a week deal. :p

Nebe
10-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by tlapinski
being single again sucked at first, but i have more than made up for it this year in hours spent fishing. since may, i have only missed 1 weekend, and have fished at least one weekday each week. spring run was a 6 night a week deal. :p

Toby theres always this winter..... and you know who i'm talking about...;) :humpty: :eek:

tlapinski
10-05-2004, 06:26 PM
i hear ya Eben. it was just tough with the hours i have been pulling. :smash: