View Full Version : Here Begineth The Slide!

BigFish
09-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Pedro is unraveling......:rolleyes: mentally he is gone.....he brought a midget in the clubhouse the other day?:confused: His mind is not on board here folks, left town on a bus 4 starts ago and I got news for ya....unless Schilling can start all of the games in the playoffs.....:eek: they don't stand a chance!:huh:

Hold onto your hats so they don't blow off on the way down!:gf:

28inches
09-30-2004, 07:37 PM
Schilling and pray for rain???:confused: Something's missing.

BigFish
09-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Yeah....a number 2 with the good sense God gave him and a number 3 who can go 7 strong innings! You heard it here....here we go!:rolleyes:

afterhours
10-01-2004, 07:38 AM
BF-" always with the negitive waves".....(oddball-kellys heroes)you may be right or not, but lets not hang our heads till it's head hanging time.:)

Surfcastinglife
10-01-2004, 07:44 AM
they have a solid 3...........bronson arroyo has pitched well give him a shot. wakefield can start at 4 and make d lowe a 5......then u can pitch schill ever 3-4 days =] pray for early snow?? =]

The Dad Fisherman
10-01-2004, 08:09 AM
How about the bats??? They won 90+ games this year w/ the bats also.

and before you start with the "pitching is what gets you far in the play-offs", the other teams aren't exactly overloaded w/ pitching talent, with the exception of Oakland (who we be-atch slapped aound most of the season).

I don't think there are going to be a lot of 2-1 ballgames in the american league for the play-offs, but we probably have the best pitching to field.

Its Show Time!!!!!!

Surfcastinglife
10-01-2004, 09:33 AM
hmm if santana v schill is game 1 ill take schill...after that the twins are drawing dead so to speak =]. as far as the a's or angels go we've roughed em up all yr and the yanks wont make it alive out of rd 1

jugstah
10-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Have faith in the boys of summer..

BigFish
10-01-2004, 01:53 PM
Don't you mean "The Boys of Bummer"?:bl: :laughs: :btu: :bl2: :laugha: :hihi: :jester: :jump1:

28inches
10-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Hey,BF: how was the Wild Card Parade?? I looked for it on cable last nite but all they had on was that lousy debate. Was there a motorcade and tickertape?:happy:

Surfcastinglife
10-01-2004, 02:09 PM
28 we'll see whos parading in a month:happy: :happy: :happy:

Mike P
10-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Surfcastinglife
28 we'll see whos parading in a month:happy: :happy: :happy:

My money's on the Cardinals :D

beachwalker
10-01-2004, 03:41 PM
:laughs: :laughs:

BIgfish you're too much

Hey here's something the sox should be proud of...

They have set a MLB record.

They are the first team EVER to finish in 2nd place 7 YEARS IN A ROW !

That is an awesome stat

I think the yankees won 4 WS during that period as well......

Go Sox :D

jugstah
10-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Bummer?

Nah...

At least I'm not a "fair-weather" fan like so many Yankees are...

28inches
10-01-2004, 05:00 PM
"fair weather fans"? yeah, the Yanks suck. They haven't won a Series since the beginning of this millenium.:laughs:

Rob Rockcrawler
10-04-2004, 11:27 PM
Pedro will snap outta his funk, so will wakefield. Im not gunna say this is the year, ive said it too many times in the past but we gottta a hell of a good chance.

The Dad Fisherman
10-05-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by 28inches
"fair weather fans"? yeah, the Yanks suck. They haven't won a Series since the beginning of this millenium.:laughs:

As long as you're from NY or New Jersey (and maybe parts of connecticut, of course they can't decide whether they're from the Tri-state area or from New England), its acceptable to be a yankees fan, They are your home team......But if you are from any other area of the country that has its own team and you root for the yankees you're a fair weather fan.

You don't want to go through the rough road w/ your team, you just want to say "Hey Look at me I picked the winner"

Pretty much the same as running around and saying "Look at the fish I caught and let me Show you Where."

I'm pretty sure the song goes "Root ,root, root for the HOME team"

28inches
10-05-2004, 07:24 AM
Dad, what are you trying to say?? That post is pretty much incoherent. Is Ronnie a fair weather Raider fan cause he doesn't live there? You guys always get antsy this time year. What are you worried about Yankees for? History is your enemy, not NY.
:bl2:

The Dad Fisherman
10-05-2004, 08:41 AM
To shorten it up, all I'm saying is that you should always root for your Home team....Not against

And Oh Yeah...I get antsy this time of year. :D

Surfcastinglife
10-05-2004, 02:54 PM
tdf it does say hes from long island :P

Slipknot
10-05-2004, 04:08 PM
3-0 :p

jugstah
10-05-2004, 06:35 PM
wow, them angels got a spankin

afterhours
10-05-2004, 06:42 PM
sliding right in to the promised land!!:D

afterhours
10-07-2004, 07:07 AM
still sliding!!!:D :happy:

Roseneath
10-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Red Sox 2
Angles 0

Its hard to feel confident about the Sox situation without thinking about our own struggles in Games 1 and 2 (1998 and 2003). We came back on a couple of very good teams and won the series. Thankfully they left the door open for the Sox to come crashing through.

Lets hope that we slam the door shut Friday night and pray that the other series goes to 5 games... that way we'll not have to face Santana (lefty) or The Moose (depending on who wins ofcouse).

I don't know who I want to face (if we win)... Yanks of Twins, both present a few issues.

The twins play in a tough ball park for opposing teams (who has a white roof in a doom?) and they have two lefties (which is like kyrptonit to the Sox). There line-up isn't that great, but even I catch a fish every once in a while.

When we play the yankees something can always go wrong... I will not rehash last year, BUT Jeter, shieffield and Posada can do quick damage and turn a game from a loss to a win.

Ideally, I'd like to sweep the Yankees. Realisticaly, I just want to win the WS and I don't care who we have to beat.

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

BigFish
10-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Oh, you gullable fools!:smash:

afterhours
10-08-2004, 07:32 PM
sliding right into the alcs!!!:D