View Full Version : Arrrggggghh

Slipknot
09-30-2004, 05:43 PM
:( Just found out slip's son broke his hand today:(

He was fooling around with a door at school 7th period and someone opened it and I guess caught his hand somehow. The gym teacher wouldn't let him go to the nurse, just told him to run around:mad: WTF:smash: I don't understand schools these days. How can they not let him go to the nurse? atleast let him go get ice put on it :rolleyes:
So my day will be interesting tom. get appt. with ortho doc, then spend the day dealing with that:(

I left a job half done to come home to be with my daughter, I think my fishing will be on hold for a few.:(
just venting

BigFish
09-30-2004, 06:03 PM
Sorry to hear that Bruce....hope all goes well!:(

Slipknot
09-30-2004, 07:01 PM
thanks Larry, I'm sure he will be fine.

BTW I just opened up the mail

:eek: That needle is perfect, not a flaw on it :btu:
Outstanding job on that plug :D
It will give me great pleasure to feed it to the fishes.

BigFish
09-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Glad you like it Slip....you think it will work for you on the Block?:confused:

Karl F
09-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Bruce,
Sorry to about Danny's hand, hope he doesn't have too much pain, and that it heals quick.
Freakin Gym teacher, WTF? They ever hear of liability? They are a little too far the other way at my kids school, call the parents at the drop of a hat... guess, I won't gripe about that anymore, rather it be that way, than the other, I guess...

capesams
09-30-2004, 08:50 PM
told ya;) BF

Slip...lodge a complaint with the school..make them pick up the bill or atleast let them know what a jackass the jym teacher is.

Nebe
09-30-2004, 09:23 PM
some people just dont care..... sorry to hear this story slip :(

afterhours
10-01-2004, 07:52 AM
hope he heals quickly. i'm sure you'll give that gym teacher a peice of your mind:smash: , my kids school is like Karl F's, guess i won't mind the over concern anymore.

RIROCKHOUND
10-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Slip...
threaten to put the Gym teacher's hand in your planer... that should sober him up a little......:smash:
Suck about the boy's hand.... hope he feels better...
Aint amazing the stupid ways Kids get hurt...:confused:

Mike P
10-01-2004, 08:01 AM
Sorry to hear about that Bruce, but kids heal quickly. That gym teacher's a flipping maroon.

Maybe Woody Allen was right all along: "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, teach gym".

Slipknot
10-01-2004, 08:21 AM
That's funny Mike.

thanks guys, he is in pain but he will have to deal with it. Tough night last night but he finally fell asleep around midnight.
Melissa went to speak with the school this am, ofcourse got nowhere. It's funny how they send a kid if they have a paper cut but not a possible broken wrist.:rolleyes:

Flaptail
10-01-2004, 08:51 AM
Bruce, as a school administration member if that teacher had done that to anyone here he would be in deep $hitt!!! I would contact your school's superintendent, not the principal. Remember you pay thier salaries w/ your taxes and they work for you. You trust them with the protection and well being of your child each day. Every once in a while they need a dope slap to be made to remember that.:mad:

jugstah
10-01-2004, 09:14 AM
I dunno... some kids nowadays are a buncha whining wussies, just a little cough and instantly, they get the school to call us to come pick him up...

and now, i hate to say it, but kids are being trained to learn how to wuss out so that they can go home for the day...

but yeah in your situation, a quick trip to the school nurse is in order, and if it aint a biggie, send him back to class.. that gym teacher is a dopehead... but then again, he probably thought your kid was faking it like so many other kids in his classes.

Karl F
10-01-2004, 09:35 AM
Slip, got any liawyer friends? sometimes a word from one of those critters invokes the proper amount of fear, and gets peoples acts straightened right out... I'm not saying take action, just a shot across their bow, wake 'em up.

fishweewee
10-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Bruce,

I hope your son heals quickly.

I hope you called the school and gave that negligent tramp a piece of your mind. :af:

FishermanTim
10-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Don't punish the school by making them pay the doctor's bill, punish the gym teacher by making HIM pay the bill.
File a complaint with the school board as well so that this kind of thing might not happen again.
Here's to a spedy recovery.:kewl:

Slipknot
10-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Made a call to the acting superintendent,
don't need a lawyer,
insurance will cover expenses so no need to crab to school or teachers about that.
I would however like to hear from the teachers themselves about why he wasn't allowed to see the nurse:mad:

Dan went thru alot today and is most likely recovering at the hospital right now.
This AM we took him to the ortho doc and he shot it with novicaine then tried to set it, cast it then take another xray. Well the end of the arm bone before the wrist is a growth plate and that is where he broke it. The bone was way off to the side and this xray showed an improvement but it wasn't satisfactory. So the doc said come cack to the hospital at 4 and they would put him under to do it on the operating table. Melissa just called me to let me know they got it back 90% which will be fine, didn't want to do any mors damage, so he will be waking up soon. I think I am in for another long night. His wrist is gonna be sore and swollen I am sure.

Thanks for the well wishes

BigFish
10-01-2004, 06:20 PM
That stinks Slip!:( My oldest got a concussion last night at football practice and needs a little tlc also! Going fishing tomorrow with him though....he is a trooper!;)

Hope your son feels better soon!:)

Bazza
10-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Bruce, Sorry to hear about you son's hand. It sounds like he will be out of action for awhile. I hope all goes with the setting and the cast. I do not know what's with gym teachers today? I am surprised he did not let him go to the nurse.

Backbeach Jake
10-03-2004, 09:44 AM
That's just horrible. Feel bad for the kid. What are those teachers thinking? I truly don't understand their lack of concern and compassion. I hope he heals quickly.

Slipknot
10-03-2004, 11:10 AM
I don't know either. I guess they just thought it didn't look bad. The worst part of it was that it happened before class and he didn't partitipate at all, just sat there and he had to give himself an F for the day, because that particular day they graded themselves. Well I give the teachers an F for their poor decision.

He is fine, cast up past the elbow. He is trying to milk this:rolleyes: you know kids.

green meanie
10-03-2004, 12:19 PM
please keep your kids home when their sick... i cant afford to have my kids bringing it home to me anymore :)

Originally posted by jugstah
I dunno... some kids nowadays are a buncha whining wussies, just a little cough and instantly, they get the school to call us to come pick him up...

green meanie
10-03-2004, 12:21 PM
my guess is they will try to turn it around and blame it on dan for fooling around.

Arby
10-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Bruce, your son asked to go to the nurse and this teacher told him no? You need to get the school board by the "short and curlies" on this. You may or may not want to sue the school (even though they deserve it) but I'd have that butt-head gym teacher's job taken away. Your son had a broken wrist and this teacher was playing god. :af:

ThrowingTimber
10-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Idiot teacher.

Bruce, I hope your son heals quickly.

Idiot teacher:af:

chris L
10-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Bruce
sorry to hear about Dans wrist . I hope he gets through this with no pain and the use of his hand 100% . I would ask for a sit down with the teacher in question and the school Admins and the board of ed . its your call . sounds like a gym teacher needs to find another job . Today that kind of mentallity is unacceptable . maybe the gym teacher needs a broken wrist !

too bad Dan wont get to fish !

Slipknot
10-05-2004, 04:06 PM
We finally heard from them about this. There was an investigation and it was found that apparently Dan seems to have told 2 stories. :rolleyes: It happened before class and when class started he just told the teacher that he couldn't participate not that he hurt his hand. He wouldn't say why, I don't know, you know how kids are, he didn't want to get in trouble for fooling around and didn't want his classmate to get in trouble either. I guess during the class the teachers inquired further and he finally said he hurt his hand when someone pushed him. They asked who and he wouldn't tell them. They looked at it then and it didn't look bad so they didn't send him to the nurse since it was the end of the day and it looked ok to them, funny how it was black and blue when he got home.:smash:
So like I thought before, we get nowhere and now need to talk to Danny about this. Great timing on his part since the leaves are falling:smash:Otherwise I'd have him out there everyday raking. I guess I will just mow them with the tractor again this year.
I guess if he had just told the truth to begin with they might have let him go to the nurse. What more can I say.

MikeTLive
10-05-2004, 04:39 PM
slip - the bruising can come on much later. My wife broke her wrist, just a hairline fracture, and it was a few hours before it bruised and swelled up like a balloon.

kids learn the hard way that the truth may hurt but delayed truth hurts more.

My boys are ~16 and ~14 .
They have, I like to think, figured out that it is better to come clean right at the start rather than have it dragged out of them.

If there is an injury it is most important to get the actual situation first. once things are back as they should be we can figure out if there is any extra repurcussions on top of whatever retribution/cleanup/repair/healing that must occur.

It takes months and sometimes years for me to get over the deception. But for the most part I let them run free.

Slipknot
10-05-2004, 07:11 PM
:confused:
oh well
He is still telling me that he told the teacher at the beginning of class. It seems like time to move on.
His arm is broken, it will heal, and he will live. When I think of all the stupid crap I did as a kid it's a wonder I am alive:)

Backbeach Jake
10-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Slipknot
:confused:
oh well
He is still telling me that he told the teacher at the beginning of class. It seems like time to move on.
His arm is broken, it will heal, and he will live. When I think of all the stupid crap I did as a kid it's a wonder I am alive:)
I hear you there, Slip. The way I see it , you're a kid , you just broke a bone, right there is two strikes against rational judgement. That comes with experience. You don't have much gray hair yet buddy, it'll come. Did ya see mine? Kids....gotta love them!;)