View Full Version : You know your fishing in the wrong

Got Stripers
09-24-2001, 07:38 AM
spot when after 15 minutes of fruitless casting while working one ledge, you turn around to start moving towards it's sister, only to see 10 harbor seals basking on it :(. http://www.rgsiroisco.com/seals.jpg

I thought the fishing was slow all summer, but Sunday was downright frustrating. I started later, but from 6 to 10 I had 4 fish to show for hundreds of casts at what some know to be some of the sweetest water around. I then started to cover ground looking for birds, since the fog had lifted and the flat calm day was perfect for seeing anything feeding for miles. I ran all the way from Scituate to Nantasket Beach and never saw a single bird working, which for this time of year is almost unheard of. Due to the hightened security, I opted not to run into Boston harbor and flipped around and headed south, this time running further out. Cruised all the way past Scituate and put in the north river to bring my total to 7 fish, but still slow, considering the tide was perfect at the bottom of the outgoing.

Popped back outside and decided to run towards Plymouth, only because it's a direction I rarely go, since the rock really thins out bigtime south of Marshfield. Happened apon this cruising sunfish and snapped a photo before moving on.http://www.rgsiroisco.com/sunfish.jpg Then finally a few terns working on what was the first major rocky point after miles of beach. Put the trolling motor down to see what was up and then notice there were schoolies feeding and I had a ball for several hours. Mostly 24-26 inch fish but caught 3 up closer to 32 and finally broke that 30 fish mark I'd be shooting for all season. Unfortunately, I didn't run into these fish until noon and by then my elbow was trash as usual, but I think I ended up with around 36 fish, but I burned a lot of gas and covered a lot of miles to do it.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

jettyjockey18
09-24-2001, 11:48 AM
plymouth has been pretty hot lately from the reports i've been reading...don't know what's up with the scituate ledges :confused:

in general for this time of year, the lack of consistent hot-n-heavy action is not a good sign...:(

Clammer
09-24-2001, 08:25 PM
BOb,good for you, You work hard and deserve to find them , Enjoy buddy//later