View Full Version : what a sight...

bart
09-30-2004, 09:03 PM
to see 35" bass chasing peanuts in a foot of water in broad daylight today. :D

Skip N
09-30-2004, 10:40 PM
I came accross them around Harding's Beach in Chatham a few years back. Mid day and i had a school of 10-20lbs stripers roaming around in shallow water for like an hour. Oh man that was an awesome sight! To bad i caught only one but i was still a novice then and didnt know what to throw at em:smash: Was my biggest fish at the time so i was sooo pumped to land a nice 15lber:D

bart
10-01-2004, 06:04 AM
we couldn't get the bigger ones to hit, just managed schoolies.
it was pretty cool watching them hunt. you'd be standing in the thick pod of bait then all of sudden it would part and you'd see a nice bass charge in cirlce around and ride the wave back out

i have also seen fish workin like that at hardings.

jbapinoy
10-01-2004, 01:54 PM
i've seen that one also they were chasing shad 2 feet from the shore for 10 minutes then there gone just like that.

Got Stripers
10-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Back in the late 80's I came across a school of big (30-40 lbers)bass and big (15-17 lbers) blues trashing on big adult bunker, oh those were the days. Peanuts are nice, but talk about some pain and tired muscles, bring back the adults. I had bass almost chase my atoms to my feet several times, bass that would make you wet yourself.