View Full Version : Any New Hampshire Fishermen?

wbnh
10-02-2004, 11:05 AM
I've spent some time this week at Hilton Park on Dover Point...to no avail.

I'm under the impression that the Striper might be hugging the coast and staying outside the mouth of the Piscataqua...and not running up the rivers like in the Spring.

Too bad, it was fun to catch 'em in downtown Dover up the Cocheco.

Care to share where you've found 'em?

harrywants2fish
10-05-2004, 07:12 PM
ya the area has been a little quiet for me but i haven't been out as much as i liked. lot of schoolies around. I think they feast on the green crabs that are everywhere but have still taken a bunch on mackeral pattern bomber type lure.

wbnh
10-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Been swimming 6" storms....whenever I see baitfish around. No luck with them when there's none.

Sometimes use red and white Bomber...but the only fish I caught on it this year was a Pike in Fresh Water up in Maine.

I've been using a Red Gill as a Teaser when I Drag the Storm's deep...nothing liking that either up there.

Had good success in Mass. a couple of weeks ago...but haven't been back there since.

Chunk Mackerel Fishermen describe it being better at lower tides than in the past...but nothing on the incoming. Too many crabs down there for the bottom rigs they've been using. I floated a Herring Head-Cut under a small party balloon (like shark fishing) from the wooden pier at Hilton Park...Turned to see who was messing with my truck, and when I turned back the whole thing was gone. Something real powerful to drag under a balloon. Came to the surface a few seconds later, but swam in toward me...taking up the slack ruined any chance of a good hook set, so I only felt him a second. One bite, no fish, and frozen fingers.

NH has been a Bust from shore. But I'll be giving it a more thorough attack in the next few nights. Maybe it'll wake up. Everyone's waiting for a Southbound Blitz that doesn't seem to want to happen.

You heading out to the rocks in Rye? Odiorne? Or sticking to the rivers? Been far fewer people than I'm used to seeing at the Scammel Bridge...but I only drive across, never stop.