View Full Version : RI guys whats up with quonny?

green meanie
10-03-2004, 12:14 PM
i hit quonny yesterday and there is a bunch of new NO TRESSPASSING signs on the property that everyone crosses?

i crossed the house that had the forsale sign and dosnt have a sign for NO TRESSPASING and some old lady started bitch slapping me?

how do you guys get out there? everyone i talk to says they know someone in one of those houses LOL which i cant beleive because i have talked to alot of people and they cant all know them :)

JHABS
10-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Its the begining of the END. Soon I think, People leaving crap all around and other THINGS..............

Nebe
10-03-2004, 02:55 PM
yeah right like i or someone else is going to post how to get out there... um no. There is a public right of way along one of those house's driveways and thats why guys cut across. then once on the jetty its state property, But the problem is that the property owners are not recognizing this public right of way. If you go down there durring the day it is a different scene than at night. You get the Scup hunters who leave their trash like Habs said, and the people who live there have to deal with this every day...

TheRattBoy
10-03-2004, 04:01 PM
:af: Scup hunters close spots:af: :mad: Just once I'd like to see a little beach justice givin to them...johnny

Pt.JudeJoe
10-03-2004, 06:37 PM
:mad: I agree about the scuppers closing spots .The clambake club in newport is all fenced off like Alcatraz now , I almost broke my $$$$R Arra rod falling off the end of the much eroded ''right of way'' there. It's getting so you have to own waterfront property to fish ANYWHERE now.

green meanie
10-03-2004, 07:29 PM
UMM i dont get your statement? i asked so i would know so people dont bitch and have it shut down. you think by not telling me no one is going to go out there? dosnt make sense to me

""yeah right like i or someone else is going to post how to get out there... um no."":smash:

Nebe
10-03-2004, 08:44 PM
I'll send you a PM.. i just didnt want to post it publicly so all could see how to get out there without walking through someone's yard...

fishweewee
10-04-2004, 07:20 AM
I hate the litterbugs as much as you do.

Best thing to do is to bring a trash bag with you and pick up after them. I try to do this wherever I go, it only takes a few minutes.

If one or two responsible anglers do this every night, it would be less of an issue and would help in promoting goodwill with the neighbors.

Good thing they don't have litterbugs at Naps, the garbage bag wouldn't survive the march. :laughs:

ThrowingTimber
10-04-2004, 11:44 AM
That place dont exist ....... Its just a pigment left in your imagination :D