View Full Version : Is golf any fun?

Flaptail
10-03-2004, 04:27 PM
Anyone here klnow anything about golf? The way the beachhas been I need something to do when it's too windy to take out the boat. I fished the beach last night and all I got was wet. God, I have never seen it this bad. Four times last night at four different places my plugs were chased by seals. If I had a gun there would have been a seal serial killer being reported in todays paper. ARGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!:af: :af:

justplugit
10-03-2004, 05:18 PM
The only thing i know about golf, Flap, is it's more expensive then fishin.At least thats what i tell my wife:D
It's gotta get better,maybe a good cold snap?
while your waiting you could empty your PMs:huh:

riverrat2
10-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Yup I got the skunk last night on the beaches too. I HATE seals, I swear they were following me around all night.

Nebe
10-03-2004, 05:42 PM
whats a seal look like??? :laughs: I feel sorry for you cape guys:hihi: The fishing is great down my way, but then agian maybe its just my supreme angling skills :smokin: :rolleyes:

RickBomba
10-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Sorry guys but golf=gay!!!
Golf is surely the arch-nemesis of fishing.
Please no more talk of golf.
PS-In the winter all I do is play Tiger Woods on the HDTV. It's awesome!!!
Kind of funny, I am a connundrum in many ways...Like I hate going to the beach, but I love to fish!!!
Rick

Mr. Sandman
10-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Golf can be as frustrating (and rewarding) as fishing!

The grass is *always* greener on the other side.

Got Stripers
10-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Golf can be as frustrating as fishing, takes about the same time, is likely more money after you are set up; still I'd stay with fishing. At least you know what your handicap is now:).

Backbeach Jake
10-03-2004, 06:59 PM
I've considered golf myself . Then I realized that you hit the hell out of the ball, then you gotta chase it yourself. Seemed dumber than what I was doing in the first place.:smash:

tynan19
10-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Golf can be just as hard in the wind as boating. Plus it is way more frustrating.

Water Treater
10-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Golf is a game for young men and old men, not fishermen.

Never met a golfer who could catch fish and I've never met a fisherman who could play a decent round of golf. These two hobbies use opposite sides of the brain and are mutually exclusive. I'm not making this up.

Stick to fishing. The physical and mental exercise is healthier than golf.

P.S. I'm going back to Truro tomorrow (Monday) evening. South wind, I hope. Went there last Monday night too. If your PM mailbox wasn't always full I'd send you reports. (hint)

Slingah
10-03-2004, 07:59 PM
golf...good one Flap...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:laughs:

BigFish
10-03-2004, 08:01 PM
No!:doh: Golf is an evil game, played by evil people!;) Remain on the fishy side Flap!:D

The Dad Fisherman
10-03-2004, 09:19 PM
The ball doesn't taste nearly as good w/ a side fries.

They do share some commonalities.

They both get you outside.
They both get you some piece and Quiet when the kids are bouncin off the wall.
They both finish off well w/ a few frosties

The big difference is no matter how bad the fishing is I always walk away in a better mood than I do after a bad round of golf. Very Frustrating game.

As far as being more expensive than fishing, I don't know about that. Between Rod, Reel, Line, Plugs, and Waders I'm pretty sure i laid out a serious amount of cake this year.

Flaptail
10-04-2004, 08:04 AM
ok ok, I get the picture. 'sides next to people who ride bicycles, golfers wear clothes that are way too funny lookin'. Plus rules like no dungarees or shorts. Plus a sand trap is nuthin' like a beach. Guess I will just have to get through it somehow. Good thing it's called surfcasting and not surfcatching. Oh me oh my, what to do what to do.......... :ss: :soon: :uhuh:

Karl F
10-04-2004, 08:09 AM
yeah Flap, golfers wear funny pants, oh, sorry, forgot you fish with a guy who wears funny pants...:p
sometimes fisherman look too hard for spots, and go right by the good ones, like golfers, they can't see the forest for the tees :laughs:
U get quality, or quantity, at the ditch Saturday?

Joe
10-04-2004, 08:20 AM
It takes a certain kind of personality to take up golf.... I don't like it - I'm a nice guy.
The guys who golf are the are ones you took up fishing to get away from......
But hey, if you look forward to a never-ending gauntlet of people asking you what you do for a living, and being tail-gated to and from the course - I say go for it...

Flaptail
10-04-2004, 09:37 AM
I hear you Joe. And Karl, I met up with Slip, who got a couple big ones on skins but he uses a telephone pole tuna rod and tuna line so the fish ain't got no chance:laughs: , but for us after daybreak it was dinky twinkie time!:D

chris L
10-04-2004, 04:40 PM
if you ever go golfing flap bring a freshwater rod . fish the water hazards . I know there are fish in them ponds cause golfers cant fish . just like I cant golf and dont try .

very frustrating and there isnt any reward . how many golfers actually golf an 18 hole round under par ? maybe in nini golf !

fishdog13
10-04-2004, 05:38 PM
golf couses are a good place too ride allterrain vehicles really fast and make mud.lots and lots of mud.:smash:

Got Stripers
10-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Flaptail
ok ok, I get the picture. 'sides next to people who ride bicycles, golfers wear clothes that are way too funny lookin'. Plus rules like no dungarees or shorts. Plus a sand trap is nuthin' like a beach. Guess I will just have to get through it somehow. Good thing it's called surfcasting and not surfcatching. Oh me oh my, what to do what to do.......... :ss: :soon: :uhuh:

Have you seen funny clothes (pants) man lately?

Flaptail
10-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Last time I saw him was at Head Of the Meadow in Truro. He wasn't too socially oriented that night. I gave him the yellow thingies and he walked away mumbling to himself about how he was gonna kill them on those things. That was two weeks ago. He is fishing Nauset mostly, I have been north of there for the most part. :cool: