View Full Version : Additions to the site.

Patrick82
09-24-2001, 03:25 PM
John,

I'm noticing a lot of the other parts of the site aren't getting updated.

Do you need anything? Pics or articles or anything? Would you like an article on boatbuilding or outboard motor repair? I can type one up in a few days or so if you're interested. Just trying to earn my keep. :)

JohnR
09-24-2001, 03:59 PM
Yes, I am looking for articles or product reviews if anyone wouold like to contribute.

Patrick, don't take this the wrong way but if you were to write an article on Outboard Motor Maintenance for example, I would consider it if you were say, a certified Mercury tech or you had ample experience working on a variety of outboards over the course of many years. Same thing with boatbuilding. That experience and time put in would make the article tick. Give ya another example, I haven't put up any rod building articles yet because I do not consider myself an accomplished rod builder yet... I've built a dozen rods BUT I'm not comfortable yet with my skills to start directing others at a detailed level. Now, I am building a rod wrapper, that when done AND I'm satisfied with the unit AND I've had it critiqued by several people, yeh, I'll put up a how-to online. Another example, I would like to do an article on Rhody Surffishing. Now #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& could write a few dozen different articles without wetting a line all year. But I'm not that good. I would need to research it over the course of several trips just to get what I want to say as correct and as complete as I think the article would need.

So, as you can see, there are articles that I would like to do but do to time limitations (and literary SKILZ), I have not gotten everything I feel that needs to be done in order to have a concise, honest, and truly informative article. So where I do appreciate your wanting to lend a hand on that, I do think you may be a little short on experience and time in grade to do that sort of thing. See where I'm coming from? I wouldn't ask Clamdigger to write an article on Albie fishing and I wouldn't ask FW for the latest clamming techniques... ;)

What would work is that I'm looking to update pictures for various fishing spots - no honey holes necessary - but with a little info about the place - ie. You'll DIE if you stay on this sandbar for too long or this beach has awfull riptides and this point is great on a SW wind - stuff like that would be cool too...

Thanks,

John

jettyjockey18
09-24-2001, 04:05 PM
i will contribute an article on littering the bottom of the ditch with jigs...someone else will hafat write about catching fish there...:D

Patrick82
09-24-2001, 04:22 PM
Point well taken.

I can try and get some shots of Penfield Reef, the Marina, Sasco Beach, the real jettys that line the beaches past the Penfield, the jetty down by Ye Yacht Yard. One spot you all have to see is my special area. The fishing is decent but it's purely majestic. I took Mindi there because it's where I go to relax. It's a rather special spot.

We got another, cheaper digital camera that I can bring fishing. It was 15 bucks at a flea market. It's one of those "Clever Cams". The ones you see for 99 bucks on TV. There is no flash so it's mostly an outdoor camera but it takes a decent picture. For 15 bucks though, it's pretty cool. Nice little USB hook up and the software they give you can be used with a bunch of different peripheals.

patrickswoman
09-24-2001, 07:17 PM
suuuure..I've been begging you to take some pictures of that spot for ME since I got back....

lucky I love you so much lol

mindi

Jenn
09-24-2001, 09:09 PM
I can teach you all how NOT too cast!! LOL:rolleyes:

Or how to properly land the largest Skate known to man, while its attached to a 3'x3' piece of plywood!!!!

Anyway....that would be really cool for us loosahs who are afraid to fish certain areas because we are too unfamiliar with them....I think a big thing would be "is there public access, time limits etc"