View Full Version : Inflatable Life Jacket

Roseneath
10-04-2004, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy an inflatable life jacket in Rhode Island?

Does anyone else wear them?

zacs
10-04-2004, 01:00 PM
boat us
west marine
boaters world
etc.....

never worn em fishing
seen them pop off a few times sailing though.

Gloucester2
10-04-2004, 01:10 PM
SOSpenders . . . I have 'em but don't wear them often enough - in clear instances when I should.

One observation - I've seen several instances where kids are photographed on a boat holding a fish and someone will pipe in that the kid should have on a PFD . . . and I'd agree, although I'm not generally the type to poke a sharp stick at someone - even "annonymously" on the internut . . . I prefer to take a diferrent tact . . . every picture I've seen of the Bald Lure Builder (aka #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& :D ) holding a fish on the Salty Barge he has his SOSpenders on . . . I live in a world where actions speak louder than words and IMHO Salty is sending a great message.

<now steping off platform and returning you to your regularly scheduled programming >

UserRemoved1
10-05-2004, 05:33 AM
STUFF can happen SO FAST on the water that you'd be stupid NOT to wear one G2.....I buy the BEST type 1 offshore for my son I can, and I wear the std pfd, this year I bought him a new one without the bobbin in it......we had too many problems with the damn thing going off inside the console while washing the boat :D $14 a shot to rearm it gets expensive real quick! I figure he's old enough now to remember the first rule if he goes over....pull the cord.

Where to buy...any West Marine store or Boat US, Cabelas has them too. Make sure you get one with the highest bouyancy you can, there are some cheapies out there you want to stay away from! SOSpenders is a good line, under $200 at West etc. Get the one with the mirror and whistle built in too....that way if something does happen you can get someone's attention!