View Full Version : need kayak info....

Mr. Sandman
09-24-2001, 04:47 PM
This summer I sort of got hooked on kayaks goofing around great salt pond.

Anyone ever fish from them along the surf? It looked doable.

I want to buy a couple of quality 2 man kayaks.. anyone have any good reccomendations, info, or links to info?

Too bad you can't set them up with a flybridge and some outriggers!! :)

Clammer
09-24-2001, 05:44 PM
Sandman, Go see John, he owns a little breakfeast/lunch place on the south end of conimicut on West Shore RD, hes the guy that saved the life on the sandbar 5/6 week ago. I sometimes fish with him and hes a great kid, he fishes out of his and he also uses it to get to places, and then shore fishes, hes open 6 til 1, closed tuesday,, good luck//later

JohnR
09-25-2001, 06:49 AM
Ron at the Sportsman's Den in Quincy, one of the board's sponsors (and a good guy I've known for more than a few years now) rents and sells Heritage KaYaks. He swears buy them as he uses them too... Maybe in a couple years I'll get one too ;) but I'll probably stick with one watercraft...

Here is his link http://striped-bass.com/tshops/sportsmansden.shtml

Flounder
09-25-2001, 10:27 AM
Yakfishing.com is one of the better boards.
Try 'em all, before you say "that's what I want".
California is years ahead of us in this area.
The most common fishing kayak is OK's "Scupper Pro".
But if I were to sit in one of those, I would wear it all day!
I have a Malibu II, a tandem I use as a single.
I have a rechargable electrical system completely enclosed in the yak, never needs to be removed.
I have a depthfinder and lights, with a GPS being considered as an addition. Marine radio is another possibility.
Probably the best tandem is OK's "Cabo".
But you may find a tandem is not really what you wanted. Two people like to go in two different directions!

Have fun!

Flounder

Fishguts
09-25-2001, 04:13 PM
Sandman you may find this site interesting.
http://kayak4fish.com/article.marlin.shtml
I Was looking at surboard fishing site, they had some tournoment photographs they caught Albacore, Barracuda, Rock Cod they even had a couple of photographs of shark that they caught. if I find it again I will post it.

Mr. Sandman
09-25-2001, 04:51 PM
WOW! thanks. You guys all aimed me in good directions...now I have too many choices! Some of the photos of that guy landing a sailfish and 5' white bass from a kayak are unreal. I was hoping to drag some eels around some rocks offshore on calmer days and maybe take a nice bass. CA is very serious about kayaking eh?