View Full Version : Where's the camera when you need it?

PurpelNoon
10-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Fishing this past weekend, there was a blitz going on several hundred yards to my right. Guys did the mad rush and crowded a tiny point, casting to the school. I figured I'd wait in the nice open space where I was, hoping the action would move in my direction. After about a half hour, some activity did come my way.

The sun was up now and getting stronger, in my face. As a wave crested in front of me, the sun shone brightly threw it and the next thing is see is a nice bass swimming effortlessly through the wave parallel to the beach.

I would have killed to be able to get a photo of that. Some of the best things last only a second! :)

fishweewee
10-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Get a water resistant 35 mm camera (Canon makes one for under $100) and carry it with you in a zip-loc bag.

Also, you can by waterproof disposables - like you would get at tourist resorts.

-WW

reelecstasy
10-05-2004, 10:52 AM
the disposables are good, but kinda suck for night shots.. I got a water resistant digital and a nice watertight case. I have it strapped to my suspenders while I fish, so if need be I can whip it out. :rolleyes: I mean take the camera out, that way there is always a witness :D

zacs
10-05-2004, 11:56 AM
reelxtc, please expound on the waterproof case.
thanks
zac

Roseneath
10-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Pick up a copy of Laptew's "Striper Magic"

reelecstasy
10-05-2004, 01:28 PM
It's nothing special, not like you can dive to 100' with it or anything. It is a small camera case by Reaction-Kenneth Cole...it is a very durable well made bag, and once a week or so I run a candle over the zipper on it until it builds up a little wax, seems to do the trick...I shouldn't have said waterproof, hows about "water resistant" :D but either way, I try to always have it on me, nice and high on my wader suspenders to keep it out of the surf the best I can.....

spence
10-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Kenneth Cole :smash: That would go well with my Versace plug bag :laughs:

-spence

reelecstasy
10-05-2004, 01:34 PM
right after I posted it, i regreted saying it lol :smash: :smash: :smash:

PurpelNoon
10-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Roseneath
Pick up a copy of Laptew's "Striper Magic"

Oh yeah! Ive been waiting for his DVD to come out since January. I hear it will be out soon. I think I'm going to pick up the VHS tapes too. Anyone recommend a particular one or all of them?

bart
10-05-2004, 03:13 PM
i saw that last fall fishing a major point in RI. whenever the wave crested you could see the silhouettes of some monster fish. my buddy and i both saw it at the same and our jaws dropped :eek:

Motor Fish
10-05-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm not allowed to take camera's (or cell phones) with me when I fish for two reasons.

1. I have a habit of wrecking them.

2. Bad Karma. Pretty much every time I bring a camera, I get skunked.

reelecstasy
10-05-2004, 03:20 PM
lol, i am mandated to carry my cell. The wife might need me at 4am or she might want to just know I am not bumpin uglies with some girl instead of fishin :huh: not me, :angel: I probably shouldn't say on my way out each night "I am gonna see if I can get a few girls, and I might bring one home if she is worthy" :D

chris L
10-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by reelecstasy
or she might want to just know I am not bumpin uglies with some girl instead of fishin :huh: not me, :angel: I probably shouldn't say on my way out each night "I am gonna see if I can get a few girls, and I might bring one home if she is worthy" :D

always trade up ! if it aint better than what you have at home RUNAWAY

PurpelNoon
10-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Sometimes having the camera available is a curse. The big 'uns always come around when:

1) Battery is dead on dig camera or
2) It is Saturday and girlfriend needed it for her friend of a friend's bridal shower or
3) The camera is sitting pretty in the glove box.