View Full Version : great white leaves the cape - swell

Jamie M
10-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Well, the shark finally made it into open water. My problem is, I'm assuming that the shark turned south when she hit open water, in hopes of finding warmer water. That puts her on a path towards MY fishing grounds. Given her propensity of swimming very close to shore, I wouldn't have been disappointed if she stayed put until after the fall migration.

They put a tracking device on her. I'm hoping that I can buy a digital watch that tells me if I'm within 500 miles of her, in which case I'd be more than content to stand on the hood of my truck and cast from the parking lot. The back of the parking lot.

RIJIMMY
10-05-2004, 02:53 PM
I was thinking the same thing :eek: :eek:

fishweewee
10-05-2004, 02:56 PM
You can load up some hollow point pistol rounds with cyanide, cover with wax and then blow the crap out of a school of bloofish like Roy Scheider did in Jaws. :hihi:

DaveS
10-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Hopefully it gonna be near swimming Cuttyhunk this Friday night/Saturday AM . :err: Me, Milo, and Bloo might get eaten up. I wonder will a Rainshadow 1208 stop that sucker?:uhoh:

Bass Nut
10-07-2004, 08:36 AM
I saw on the news that they weren't turning on the transmitter until April.

beachwalker
10-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Makes a guy want to run out and go Skishing :eek:

outfished
10-07-2004, 12:16 PM
I understood the transmitter was turned on but won't be read until april when it releases itself from the shark and floats to the surface to be picked up by satellite. Maybe we could put a few of these transmitters on stripers and download the info to this wonderful board.:rolleyes:

Mako11
10-07-2004, 02:15 PM
The type of transmitter is a Pop-up archival transmitting satellite tag. The tag is set to come off in april and relay the data the internal computer has been archiving to an ARGOS satellite. Depth, water temp and light levels (light intensity and day length) are measured and a location can be estimated from these parameters. The tag is high tech but the failure rate is high! Hopefully this one does not fail...