View Full Version : NEWS FLASH--Boat guy catches fish from shore

Van
10-07-2004, 08:42 AM
I had Tuesday off because of a water main break in our building, so I called a buddy (who has tuesdays off) decided to go fishing, but it was too windy to go out in my boat. I grabbed a 9 footer and chest waders and headed to a couple of spots around high tide. First two spots nada, so we came back home to check out a couple more and found a blitz happening close to shore. chucked out some rangers and polaris,,,,FISH ON !! Bluefish from 5-8 pounds what a blast! love catching fish on top water lures.

So when all was done I realized even though I have fished from shore a few times, and got some rat schoolies, this was the first time in quite a while I got some decent game fish from shore. :happy:

Checked it out again last night and there was some action, we got follows and hits, but no hook-ups. Gonna check again tonight.

Tomorrow and Sat. back out in the boat (Where I belong!);)

striperjerk1
10-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Way to go, theirs hope for you yet. lol, its good to see you expanding youre methods of fishing to surf .;)

Mr. Sandman
10-07-2004, 11:39 AM
:)
Thats great. You consider yourself a boat guy who surf fishes...I consider myself a surf guy who boat fishes:confused: Are we the same?

I need to clone myself so I can do both on the same time.