View Full Version : Man....You Would Think With All The Lousy Fishing.....

BigFish
10-11-2004, 12:31 PM
there would be more grumpin' going on!:af: :af: :af: :smash:

new jack
10-11-2004, 05:10 PM
here's a grump for you.

don't take your anger out on your windsheild. you only get bloody knuckles and have to deal with people asking you "hey what happened to your windshield", :af:

Backbeach Jake
10-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by new jack
here's a grump for you.

don't take your anger out on your windsheild. you only get bloody knuckles and have to deal with people asking you "hey what happened to your windshield", :af:
I know that....now.:rolleyes:

hank8001
10-12-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by new jack
here's a grump for you.

Next time use your head....you'll usually knock yourself out that way before you can damage the windshield.

BigFish
10-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Amazing how in only 3 replies a thread degenerates from "a lack of fish" to "broken windshields"!:smash: :smash:

Backbeach Jake
10-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Can't talk about fish when there ain't any:(

Slipknot
10-12-2004, 04:26 PM
red sox and patriots are doing a good job of distracting me away from the lack of fishing. only grumpy about work, wish I had a cushy job

BigFish
10-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Block soon...right Slip?:happy:

bassmaster
10-16-2004, 07:48 AM
just bring a beach chair and watch fred catch fish:laughs:

Backbeach Jake
10-16-2004, 08:01 AM
:blush: But, isn't that the way you say to do it, BM? Don't you do that every night? I thought that I was on some kinda weird Candid Camera that night. :D

Mr. Sandman
10-16-2004, 12:18 PM
After last night....I've had it....I am looking forward to ski season now....where is my Jay Peak Brochure?

I put more hours in and caught less bass then any year ever. Thank God for the other species cause bass'n is not worth the effort anymore. I fished thru the crisis years and it was better during that period then it is now. Yes, I did catch fish this season, some days were decent esp in the spring, but this fall run has really sucked IMO. To be honest it lasted 1.5 weeks and was mainly a boat affair. Very disappointing.

I hate to say this but I honestly believe we are headed towards another serious bass problem, there is no question in my mind that this species is overfished and underfed....this can't go on much longer and what worries me the most is nothing is being done about it. Catch limits are being increased each year and recent reports indicate a high mortality of the little guys again in MD. I would go for another complete closure at this point...that is how bad I think it is. They need to bring back the bunker and herring in a major way too. The reason the lobstering is so poor in our area is that this is the only thing for the bass to eat. When will the DMF get it?...these things are all interconnected. If you take away the bunker they will eat lobsters, when they are gone you have starving fish that are more likely to get sick.

Red said it right, these fish are "hollow". They look OK at first glanse, they have guts(albeit flabby)...but they are just empty..the ones you catch. Fish that should push 40 are in the mid 20's. There is a chart in out tackle shop printed in the 80s' that has average weights of bass for a given length...I have never seen one fish even come close to this.

IMO schoolies and small fish don't coun't in a fall run as a measure of quality of the run... They eat small bait, silversides, minnows ect. But big fish need big food.

How many big fish (over 25#) have you caught from the shore this fall?

How many big fish blitz's have you seen this season?

BigFish
10-16-2004, 06:13 PM
I also agree Mr. Sandman....I have not seen many blitz's at all this season...not like the last few years anyway!:( As far as size....I have caught alot less keepers than I usually do and the biggest was maybe 25 pounds! My numbers are way, way down this season from years past and I have been fishing my butt off and fishing smarter than I ever have!:wall: Also not seen bait on the shore as in years past!:af:

PNG
10-16-2004, 06:40 PM
I hate to say this but I honestly believe we are headed towards another serious bass problem, there is no question in my mind that this species is overfished and underfed

I could not agree more however I did see a big bass blitz recently

Flaptail
10-18-2004, 07:24 AM
I agree with that as well.

Nebe
10-18-2004, 09:15 AM
I'm with you Mr Sandman :smash:

My Block Island Trip really drove teh nail in... all thouse hours of casting for hardly anything :af:

RIROCKHOUND
10-18-2004, 09:22 AM
Same here... in my best comic book guy voice; worst fall ever (well not ever, but recently) they are around, but scattered and decent fish arent where I think they should be, but thats me and my spots, others are fairing better a few miles away... but your right about them being lean, I cleaned a fish a week or so ago that was gutted out at 18.5, and was 39" long... skinny fish.,....
Lets hope we dont return to where we were, having grown up in the moritorium, it'll be a sad day if we crash again....:( :( :(