View Full Version : Naps

RickBomba
09-28-2001, 09:55 PM
Hi Guys,
We transfer the liquor license on the new place on Tuesday; its been work, work, and more work for the last three weeks!
Anybody been out to Naps lately? I've got a new pair of Korkers I'm dying to break in?
Unfortunately, I've got an attention depraved wife who wants attention to boot!
Whattchink (that's the best I could do for a whip cracking noise!)
Thanks,
Rick:o

JohnR
09-29-2001, 08:22 AM
Big fish out there this time of year - no doubt about it. Have you fished it before and therefore know what to watch out for? I've taken a couple spills out there and because of that, I won't fish it alone - but this is the time t fish it :D

Don M
09-29-2001, 11:23 AM
We were open all night last night for a tournament. Between the tournament guys and regular fishermen. There were a half dozen or so guys that fished Napatree...all did well with both stripers and blues. Largest fish was 17 pounds that we knew about.

RickBomba
09-29-2001, 08:45 PM
Hey John!
Yes, I've been out there many times. The old man started taking me out on the walk in '78. Luckily, I'm still alive and kicking.
Thanks,
Rick:p

JeffH
10-01-2001, 08:11 AM
Fish Naps Saturday night and picked up 2 15lb fish on eels, slower than expected. I think all the fished stopped at Watch Hill that night. I did Boga grip weigh a 28lb fish for a guy about mid beach caught on a 7" chicken scatch Bomber. Man were there a lot of people out on Saturday night.

JohnR
10-01-2001, 08:21 AM
I heard there was a good blitz at WH earlier Saturday night :D ... My bro-in-law (not #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&) is not ready for WH or Naps as this was only his second time on Korkers and I'd really pay if he got hosed off the Widow Maker at Watch Hill (I don't even go on that rock) or fall off the end of Naps

JeffH
10-01-2001, 08:36 AM
John there was a decent blitz at Watch Hill but in reality probably more fisherman than fish and many of them are of the sneaker and Atom popper type, it was just too crowded for me so I headed to Naps. Only a couple of guys out there but none on my favorite rock (the one that gave up a 53lb fish). It was nice fishing as you could protect yourself from the wind. I was surprised the fishing was as slow as it was.

RickBomba
10-02-2001, 06:43 PM
Jeff,
I'm going down on Thursday pm and have heard some bad things about parking in the area.
I usually park in the shops' parking lot near the yacht club, but have heard that the Westerly police are a little bit active this year. Is it safe to park there this year???
Do you usuallly park on the street?
Thanks,
Rick

Marc Z
10-03-2001, 11:26 AM
Park in the Inn just around the bend on the left after the carousel, just be quiet and don't leave trash and you won't have a problem. Then just walk down through the shops and onto the beach.
MZ