View Full Version : Craftys open house

cheferson
10-12-2004, 11:10 AM
I had to work doubles all weekend and couldnt make it:( . How did it go crafty? Anyone else make it down?

Ed B
10-12-2004, 04:25 PM
I made it down to Crafty's open house on Sunday and met up with Uncle Crafty and his wife Joanna. They really do some great work digitally remaking some of those very old photo's into great looking reproductions. They had quite a few of the old fishing photos from a century ago and some photos of the Newport area as well and also some European fishing photos.

Uncle Crafty had some of his old tackle from that era on display as well. (Stuff he found at the estates, not stuff he used back then :p ) and to top it off I got to have some of his famous chowder while we sat on the porch on a beautiful afternoon telling big fish stories. Only bad part was when I had to leave to go home and mow the grass. :(

I gave it two plugs up. :D

Ed

Crafty Angler
10-13-2004, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Ed - I'm glad you stopped by - we're still playing catch-up after the Open House.

Yeah, it was pretty tough duty sitting on the porch with chowder and telling fish tales with Monomoy Ed :hihi: - and it ain't over yet from all recent indications :)

We had a good turnout Chef - and we were very pleased with the reception everything got - we worked our butts off to get everything done and the reactions we got were worth every minute.

I don't know if it was any easier working those kinds of hours when I was 25 (as opposed to 55) - I think I just got over it quicker. But I was up at 4 AM the next day for a pre-dawn patrol :D and Mrs. Crafty was right there with me!

The whole crew from the Edge stopped in, Iron Mike (on his best behavior) with the Mrs. and Fisher, my friend Professor Timmy O'Nitis, the famous Irish marine biologist (principle state biologist, as he reminded me) - along with Monomoy Ed, Uncle Zeke and the Mrs., and on and on...

Sold a number of prints and I have one client interested in some Denton originals among other things....:)

Several guys who couldn't make it PM'd me that they'll be coming by late this week or next - I'm going to maintain a small gallery by appointment with everything on display - which means basically just give me a call or PM me to make sure I'm here.

All in all, we were happy - we just wanted to show our work and see if people were gonna look at us like we had lobsters crawling out of our ears for doing this stuff....apparently, they really liked it.

So my thanks to everyone who stopped by - and my biggest thanks to Mrs. Crafty for the great work she did in the digital restoration of those prints - I couldn't have done it without her :love:

Yup, she made me what I am today - boy, I hope she's satisfied....:hihi:....

cheferson
10-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Congrats crafty !!! I gotta get my butt over there soon , need some photos for the baren walls in my house. Can i pay in custom plugs?:D